Need Lizard Party Game Ideas

Lounge By lexi55033 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm by TexasSugar

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:22am
post #1 of 8

My son is turning 5 and LOVES lizards. We would like to have a lizard themed party for his birthday, but we're having a tough time coming up with games for that theme, suitable to his age. If anyone would have any games to share, we'd really appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know of a website that you can order fillable white eggs (like Easter eggs, only white)?

Thanks!

7 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:25am
post #3 of 8

How about pin the tail on the lizard?

You would have to either draw or find a large picture of one to put on the wall but it could be done.

Depending on your area you might be able to find someone to hire to bring some reptiles in to show the kids though. You could try contacting your local zoo or herp society to find out what's available locally.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:29am
post #4 of 8

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/safari_parties_8.html

i always go to this site for ideas this one is about lizards snakes and frigs maybe you can use some of these ideas.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 8

Maybe instead of pin the tail on the lizard, do pin the tongue on the lizard since they flick their tongues. Or a memory game, have a whole bunch of different reptiles and other things on a tray, have the kids look at them for a minute, get them to hide their eyes and take away 3 or 4 things. See if they can guess what's missing. Or make your own lizards. Create the basic shape and have different craft supplies and they can decorate their very own lizard. Play "I spy" if you hide different lizards (pictures or whatever) around the house, yard and have them go and find as many as they can. (can you tell I work with kids), or a scavenger hunt finding different lizards, reptiles and other things. Give each kid a different list and a paper bag and off they go.....

hope this helps..

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 8

You could place cereal on a plate for each kid and make them eat it by grabbing it with their tongues. The first to clear their plate wins.

You could make your own lizard eggs. Then hide them for the kids to find.
http://coffee-break-whatever-craft-time.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-make-dinosaur-eggs-or-treasure.html

Bean bag toss. Decorate the cardboard box with a lizard face and cut out the eyes and mouth to toss the bags in. Maybe find some reptile print fabric for the bean bags. Oh or make bean bag "flies".

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 8

Wow! Thanks guys! Those are some great ideas!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 8

Almost any party game can be turned into a themed one. Years ago I did a party for my nephew and was looking for dinosaur themed party games. I realized I really just needed to find party idea and adjust them to my theme.

We did a dino dig, which the kids loved. Got a plastic swimming pool and filled it with sand then hide dino themed toys in them. You can do the same thing with lizard related toys. Most kids, especially that age, love digging in the dirt. The toys they dig up can be part of their party favor bags.

Also remember kids like to just have fun too, so I wouldn't organize too many party games for them. Trying to have a totally timed out structured party can create more stress for you and make the day less enjoyable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%