Help! How Do I Make A Cupcake Puppy?

Baking By cakesgalore6373 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm by cakesgalore6373

cakesgalore6373 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesgalore6373 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 9

Please help. icon_confused.gif This newbie needs pointers. I have seen many great cakes on CC. I have a request for a dog cake from my granddaughter. (I have eight grandkids so I get lots of practice.) She will be turning seven. She wants two dogs, a Yorkie and a Pug with a dog house. Of course, Memaw said no problem! thumbs_up.gif I have studied many pics of dogs. I am thinking of doing the dogs out of cupcakes. (The party will only be for about twenty quest.) Buying the Wilton house pan for the dog house and putting this on a 9 x 13 pan.
I can see how you could use cupcakes, but I do not have a clue on how to make the muzzle (or nose) for either dog.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 replies
Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:15am
post #2 of 9

I just bought the book and the directions in they use a small marshmallow cut on an angle I hope its ok that I wrote this and told the "little secret"

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:31am
post #3 of 9

I just bought the book Hello, Cupcake! and they have great little dog cupcakes in there. If you'd be interested I can take a picture of the pages for you and than take it from there...

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 9

Here is puppy cupcakes I made last year for a little girl.
LL

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 9

I have hello cupcake book like eyecandy. I can scan the book if needed as well. Good luck!

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 9

A scan might be nicer, haha... I don't have one so a picture of the book would have to do and it's not that great. icon_lol.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 9

Karen Tack's directions. (more on the link)
http://www.nj.com/homegarden/entertaining/index.ssf/2008/07/hello_cupcake_cookbook_a_recip.html
7. First make the head. Working with a different color for each cupcake, pipe a small dot of frosting on the lower half of a mini cupcake, just below the center. Press a large piece of marshmallow, pointed side up, onto the frosting for the muzzle. Pipe two dots of frosting on opposite sides near the top of the cupcake and attach the ears, sugared side up. Pipe several lines of frosting to cover the nonsugared portion of the ears.

Then, starting at one ear, pipe 1/2-inch strokes of frosting around the edge of the cupcake, working your way below the muzzle and up to the other ear, always pulling the frosting away from the center. Next, start at the top of the head and pipe long lines, first to the left, then to the right, working your way down to the marshmallow, then covering the sides of the marshmallow. Pipe smaller lines on the front of the marshmallow (leave the marshmallow exposed on the white Westie). Pipe small tufts of hair between the ears. Add 2 of the black sunflower seeds for the eyes and a Red Hot for the nose (use a black sunflower seed for the nose of the white Westie).

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesgalore6373 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesgalore6373 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #9 of 9

You guys on CC are the greatest!! icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you all for responding. I now have cupcakes in the oven. Checked Barnes and Nobles for the book Hello Cupcakes, (will be stopping by tomorrow for my own copy)
Marshmellows..............I never thought of that. icon_surprised.gif
The pictures are great! icon_razz.gif Again, thanks for sharing.

The instructions are so appreciated. thumbs_up.gif

I can't wait to try.

The "newbie" in me is showing. Haven't figured everything out on the site, so please forgive me for trying to respond to everyone here.

I can not express how grateful I am for your help.

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%