My Banana Cake Tastes Like Bread........

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm by courtney1009

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #1 of 6

I was experimenting today with left over WASC batter, and wanted to make a banana cake. So I mashed up 3 small bananas and added them to the batter, it cooked really nice, but when I cut into it, the consistency is more like banana bread than cake. The taste is also like banana bread rather than cake. Is this just the way banana cake turns out, or did I do something wrong? I'm wondering if I put in to many bananas, but they needed to be used so I mashed all of them icon_confused.gif

5 replies
tonimarie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 6

anyone?

tonimarie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 6

anyone?

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 6

I remember making a highly rated banana cake recipe and thought it tasted just like banana bread too. I haven't tried since, but my guess is maybe this is just the way they end up tasting when you use real bananas.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 6

I use the banana cake recipe from the CakeDoctor. I found it online, it's easy an tastes great! It does kinds taste like banana bread I guess, either way it's good!

Here is the link:
http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipes/your_favorite_flavor/banana/

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 6

I made a banana cake once and I thought it tasted just like bread. It turned out the guy I made it for said it was the best banana cake he ever had and ranted and raved about how great it was.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%