Anyone Tried Wilton Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix?

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 3:28am by mikeg24

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 6

Well, i went to sam's to find some bettercreme today..happy they had it...unhappy it came in massive buckets. icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif There is no way i would use it up before it goes bad, i don't make all that many cakes. So my husband talked me out of it. We stood there for ten minutes arguing the fact that 'maybe' i would use it all....he won..no bettercreme. Sooooo...i went online trying to find it in smaller portions and i came across a posting that stated that wilton sells this whipped icing mix that is actually pretty similar to bettercreme. I figure where better to ask opinions on this product then here in CC. thumbs_up.gif Anyone used it?tasted it? What's your thoughts?

Suzanne

5 replies
sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone???

**bump**

sandsher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandsher Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I have tried it. I liked the taste and it was great to work with. I had always wanted to try it and just recently did. I think you will like it.

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 6

I've used it...It's easy to mix up and use, and it taste really good. icon_smile.gif

sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks guys! Is it like bettercreme in texture? Does it require refrigeration?

I'm so excited if this is truely like bettercreme, since i can get it readily and not in massive quantities. The only downside is i called my michaels shop and they sell it for something like 9.00canadian a box.

mikeg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikeg24 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #6 of 6

I have wanted to try that one but i keep using the mix that wilton sells for a buttercream frosting. all you need is some butter and milk and the mix best frosting ever. i know down in florida they sell it at walmart for like 2.99 or something and it makes enough for me to frost a 2 layer 9in round cake. it is also really good for piping flowers and other designs.
here is a link for it on amazon so you can see but they also sell it at michaels to.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AE62K/?tag=cakecentral-20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%