Mr. Potato Head Cake

Decorating By meghanb Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm by meghanb

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 4

I've been asked to do a Mr. Potato Head cake next month. I've got everything figured out except how to mount it. I want to do the shoes, not sure if I should do them from cake as well, or from fondant and try to set the cake on that? Any suggestions?

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:43am
post #2 of 4

if the shoes are big, id do them from rice krispies. if you are carving the head though, and have scraps, then id just use them, im lazy like that!
in my head, me potato head is always sitting down anyway! standing up, i think youd need to be thinking about screwing the dowels into the cake board...
xx

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 4

I think you can make the shoes big enough for him to stand on (even if they are a hair different from the actualy proportions). I think you COULD do it in cake, but I personally would do it in rice krispie treats bc I think it would be a little easier. If not that I bet fondant would work too. You may still have to use some dowels to keep him steady though, maybe only 1? Good luck! I cant wait to see pics! You should see my daughters' collection of potato heads and pieces lol.

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys.
I think I will use the rice krispies covered in fondant, just because it seems sturdier. A couple dowels and hopefully it will be pretty sturdy. I'm really looking forward to making this one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%