How Do I Stop Eating Frosting????

Decorating By myholidayboyz Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm by TheDomesticDiva

myholidayboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myholidayboyz Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 50

icon_smile.gif

No, seriously....

My frosting recipe is really yummy. One batch makes 10 cups. I eat so much during the mixing and decorating process that I often have to make 2 batches to decorate a plain 9 inch layer cake.

I've been making this recipe for 2 years (maybe 3??) and I'm not sick of it yet. I've tried brushing my teeth, chewing gum, eating pickles, eating candy, etc. Nothing helps. Oh, wise CC'ers, help a girl out!

49 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 50

If you are seriously eating that much then.....I suggest you go to the mall and look at your butt in one of those three-way mirrors! =)

BTW, I have No will power myself!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 50

Take Alli right before you start on a cake. I think you will find that you will have no problems staying out of the icing the SECOND time you take Alli before working on a cake. I haven't taken it myself but I know how it works, and if you are serious about not eating that icing, that would be a surefire way to deter you.

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 50

You would think you'd get tired of it. I'm like you, I don't. When I've spent the day decorating a cake, I go to bed feeling like I'm covered in it and it's oozing out of my pores. I hate that feeling but still do it too. I think it's mindless for me.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 50

it might not be a particuarly mentally healthy way to do it, but when i am eating really badly, i just think that that extra bite will make me disgustingly fat and cellulitey (or even more so). do it with every single bite, and it will work! the guilt gets to me!

it is about changing how you think, you need to make your self realise and KNOW that eating that extra frosting isnt worth the consequences, whether its is losing your health, or not fitting into *that* outfit.

at least try and balance it off with exercise and proper healthy eating.
xx

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 50

Try chewing gum while you are making the icing. The mintier, the better.

Sometimes I will have frozen grapes out and suck on them while I am making icing. It's sweet and cold, and takes my mind off of eating the icing.

Try brushing your teeth after tasting it...this brings an "end" to the eating.

I felt the same way as you when I first started making IMBC. I couldn't stop eating it!!

HTH

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Take Alli right before you start on a cake. I think you will find that you will have no problems staying out of the icing the SECOND time you take Alli before working on a cake. I haven't taken it myself but I know how it works, and if you are serious about not eating that icing, that would be a surefire way to deter you.

That's so funny. lmao I know what you mean because the people I know that have taken it actually have crapped their pants with something that fattening. Your so funny, I bet that will make her stop baking yet alone stop eating frosting. No but really 10 cups to ice a 9" cake and you have to make 2 batches, girl I think your eating more frosting than cake. No really maybe you should try Alli. lol

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #8 of 50

maybe if you go ahead and eat something before you start frosting, you will be full enough not to want as much--

BUT, i am totally with you--people say to me all the time, "you must be so sick of cake!"-- and honestly after making cake or frosting almost every day for the past 3 years-- i am still not! wish i was!--

having a big old bag of baby carrots out works for me-- (sometimes!) --

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 50

What is Alli,does it make you loose weight.I think I might love it.

myholidayboyz Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:26pm
post #10 of 50

Thanks all. One would think that being very overweight I'd be better prepared mentally and not nibble, but I do. I'm overweight and I like my sweets. Short of not decorating, which isn't an option, I need other ideas.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:30pm
post #11 of 50

OMG- some of these responses had me rolling on the floor!

Seriously, tho, think of all that sugar you're eating and how that sugar is going to affect your blood sugar and that leads to all sorts of serious problems. If you're eating enough icing that you have to make 2 batches, you're clogging your arteries and elevating your blood sugar to potentially dangerous levels.

Icing is fine in moderation, but - whoa - sounds like you're not moderatin' very well!

PS - Can I have your icing recipe??? icon_lol.gif

funnyfarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funnyfarm Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 50

Wow. I like frosting, but never have the urge to eat mine while decorating. Maybe you could post your recipe?!?!?! Sounds too good not to try! icon_biggrin.gif

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #13 of 50

OK this is hilarious! I have had a bowl of left over blood orange SMBC in my fridge for a week just calling to me! I finally broke down today and had to have some. It's just so yummy it's like eating ice cream! I'm usually pretty good about not eating it as I'm making the cake, it's the left over icing I have issues with. I hope you figure out what will work, maybe it will help me with the left overs!

georgiapuddinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgiapuddinpie Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #14 of 50

A friend of mine uses a surgical mask to keep her fingers and other things out of her mouth. May help you to think about it if you have to move the mask. Just a thought. icon_smile.gif

myholidayboyz Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:39pm
post #15 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsapph

OK this is hilarious! I have had a bowl of left over blood orange SMBC in my fridge for a week just calling to me! I finally broke down today and had to have some. It's just so yummy it's like eating ice cream! I'm usually pretty good about not eating it as I'm making the cake, it's the left over icing I have issues with. I hope you figure out what will work, maybe it will help me with the left overs!

I have a half a bowl in the fridge (we made a cake and 24 cupcakes this week) and it's calling my name. Gaah. I think it's even better cold. I can go weeks, even months, without making frosting and do really good, lose weight, everything. But that darn frosting is so good. We joke around and call it crack. I brought some to an acquaintance who was a bakery manager and her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she purred.

I don't know if my recipe is special, for all I know you all may use it. But it's better than the Wilton one in the book. icon_smile.gif I'll try to post it in the recipe section. icon_biggrin.gif

ETA: I submitted it, it's Yummy Butter Cream. My cake teacher gave us the recipe, it's what she uses for all her cakes.

Cables4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cables4fun Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:40pm
post #16 of 50

Wow!! If the icing is that good PLEASE PM the recipe to me if you have a chance!! I have never heard of it or had it!! It sounds delicious!! I am serious and would really appreciate it!!

Meanwhile, be careful, I ate so much icing one day I did get sick. That sure helped me to eat sweets in moderation!!

Thanks and good luck, I know it is hard!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm
post #17 of 50

I use gloves to work and that helps.. But as far as stop liking it...uhmm...NO!
I been working in this business for so long, you think I would get tired of it, but I still crave a piece of cake..YUMMY.. I just had some amaretto!
Edna icon_smile.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #18 of 50

Please what is ALLI

newmansmom2004 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #19 of 50
Quote:

OK this is hilarious! I have had a bowl of left over blood orange SMBC in my fridge for a week just calling to me! I finally broke down today and had to have some. It's just so yummy it's like eating ice cream!

Oh heavens - can you share that recipe??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, oh PLEASE??? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by myholidayboyz

I brought some to an acquaintance who was a bakery manager and her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she purred.

LMAO - she "purred"???? That's freakin' hilarious!!! I want a bowl!!

newmansmom2004 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #20 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

Please what is ALLI

ALLI is an over-the-counter weight loss supplement that keeps your body from absorbing fat and simply moves it - quickly - through the body if you get my drift. The more fat you eat, the more movement you have. Couple friends of mine have used it and they said you better be darn near a potty if you have a big piece o'cheescake or some fatty ribs or you'll be needin' a new set o'drawers!

myholidayboyz Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #21 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Quote:

OK this is hilarious! I have had a bowl of left over blood orange SMBC in my fridge for a week just calling to me! I finally broke down today and had to have some. It's just so yummy it's like eating ice cream!

Oh heavens - can you share that recipe??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, oh PLEASE??? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by myholidayboyz

I brought some to an acquaintance who was a bakery manager and her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she purred.

LMAO - she "purred"???? That's freakin' hilarious!!! I want a bowl!!

Yep, she did. It was awesome!

Cakepro Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:55pm
post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

Please what is ALLI

Hi ~ have you heard of Google? It's a really great search engine. For the answer to virtually any question, just go to www.google.com and in the search box, type in what you want. In this case, you would type in "Alli" and BOOM ~ instant answers! It's really awesome!!

You can also check out www.myalli.com for info straight from the manufacturer.

Cakepro Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:00pm
post #23 of 50

myholidayboyz, I was not kidding about taking Alli.

Go buy some. Today. You need some kind of intervention if you are seriously eating 10 cups of butter and shortening. You should not even be putting that much icing in your body in a YEAR.

Please also have your cholesterol checked.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:45pm
post #24 of 50

Can you give us the reciepe , i made the wilton and ohhhh way to sweet.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:08pm
post #25 of 50

Ladies- as she wrote- she posted the recipe for her YUMMY BUTTER CREAM it's in the recipe section of Cake Central.

holiday- I'm right there with you! Since you like the one you posted -if I were you -I wouldn't check out any other BC recipes in the recipe forum, believe me you will be addicted 1000x worse than you are! HeHe

I personally have a jones for serious_cakes BC, also SMBC and especially FMBC.
icon_evil.gif

The idea for the surgical mask may help- I'll have to try that. thumbs_up.gif

alischea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alischea Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #26 of 50

I would have to agree totally with cakepro...this can be a deadly addiction...you should get a physical to be on the safe side. No cake is worth dying for. I pray that you will find a way to overcome this.[/quote]

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:54pm
post #27 of 50

Eeeew... I can't even eat a spoonful of frosting (unless it's SMBC and then only a tea sized spoon). I couldn't imagine eating a bowl of it. You are going to give yourself a heart attack. Have you tried hypnosis? Something to put a bad association with icing? Maybe eat enough to make you hurl? icon_lol.gif (grabbing at straws here)

On a side note, blood orange SMBC is one of my all time favs (still can't eat a spoonful though). Just make a blood orange curd and add some to your favorite SMBC recipe. icon_smile.gif

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #28 of 50

I read the title of this post and laughed out loud!!!

I thought I was the only one who is frosting addict!!

I go thru a pack of gum & some Certs when baking/decorating.

Alli! LMAO!!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:51pm
post #29 of 50

Have you had any blood work or sugar levels done, never hurts to check, your blood sugar could be low

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:23pm
post #30 of 50

**double post, sorry**

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%