Help, Cake Not Coming Out Of Pan Clean!

Decorating By Plant_Boy Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm by Plant_Boy

Plant_Boy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Plant_Boy Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone have a tip for getting cakes to come out of the pan without the sides, usually where the side meet the bottom of the pan, from tearing? Sometimes mine come out great, other times not so great. Not waiting long enough after removing from oven, or running a knife around the edge well enough??
Thanks!
-Zack

6 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 7

I grease my pans with Crisco, then flour them and wait 10-15 minutes after they come out of the oven. Usually I only have problems if I missed greasing a spot on the pan.
How long to you wait after them come out of the oven?

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 7

Mine sticks every time that I try greasing and flouring a pan. I live only by the canned baking spray. I LOVE IT. Never have I had a cake stick since then. But I do agree on the letting it cool for about 10-15 min before removing from the pan. That is best for no other reason than letting it rest so that the cake isn't as likely to break coming out or sink after out of the pan.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 7

I swear by pan grease - equal parts crisco, veg oil & flour - mix it up & store in fridge. I pan grease the sides and line the bottom with parchment. Never have a cake stick or get the hard sides that the sprays give. Cleanup is alot easier too!

bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 7

Wait 15 minutes before you unmold the cake, then pass a spatula around the cake and you will separate it from the pan

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 7

How about Wiltons Cake Release? has any one used it yet? They make it look like the cake just comes right out. you just brush it on the bottom and sides of the pan, that might be something to try also....

Plant_Boy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Plant_Boy Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the ideas! I think I need to let the cake sit a little longer in the pan and I'll try some of the differnt methods of greasing the sides. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%