Business Brochure -- Please Help!!!

Business By TantalizingTreats Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 7:25pm by indydebi

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 2

I need to make a brochure for an upcoming bridal show... and I have no clue what to put in it... Any ideas... has anyone made a brochure for their business?

I really need ideas..

TIA

Charleen

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 2

Advice I've gotten from professionals in the brochure biz:

1. Pictures say 1000 words ... it's true. Light on the narrative ... heavy on the pics.
2. PUt your email/website/phone on the bottom of each page. If they see something on page 2 that grabs their attention, the next thing that goes thru their mind is "how do I contact them?" don't make them do the hunt-n-search for the info. Have it handy at the bottom of every page.
3. Lots of color and eye-grabbing graphics. when they dump their bag of goodies out on their kitchen table at home, you want YOUR paper to stand out from everyone else's.
4. Be sure that it shows what you DO. (ever get a biz card or brochure and, after a few days you look at it and think, "wonder what kind of business this is?" I see those all the time and can't help but think "what a waste of money and a missed opportunity to really SELL their business ... whatever it is!")

I didn't make a brochure, but had a one page flyer ... pics on one side and catering menu on the back. Handed them a flyer and biz card. I foudn a printer that used a SUPER high quality glossy paper (almost card stock) that prints color copies for only 25 cents each. Wow! icon_eek.gif Great deal! I have pics of cookie arrangements, wedding cakes, birthday cakes, and a couple of catering pics. Anyone who looked at this knows what I do without having to read one word.

Some added, un-asked for advice .... no black and white biz cards. See #3 above.

I've also made a "line card" that I send to potential corporate clients .... non-bride market.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%