Bettercreme As The Liquid In Indydebi's Buttercream?

Baking By mbt4955 Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 12:36am by JanH

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 4

Can I use Bettercreme as the liquid in IndyDebi's buttercream? Would that work? I need a buttercream that will work well without refrigeration for a couple of days (possibly three). I will be out of town in a hotel suite making the buttercream and doing the cakes, so I will have to take everything with me. I would like to use half butter and half shortening.

I purchased sleeve fillings - haven't ever used them, but I know many of you do so I'm comfortable with that part.

Thanks,
Martha

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 4

I never refrigerate my icing. leftover icing sits in an acrylic container for days on my shelf. So 2-3 days is more than fine. I've never used bettercreme but my attitude on everything is "try it and find out". I've used all kinds of milk from skim to whole and not noticed a difference.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, Debi. I guess the Bettercreme could possibly be overkill with the Dream Whip. I won't mess with a good thing and just go with regular milk. I appreciate the help!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:36am
post #4 of 4

Most American buttercreams don't require refrigeration even though they're made with butter/margarine or shortening or a combination of these ingredients and a small amount of milk or cream. icon_smile.gif

Here's the science:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-617882-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%