Help........please

Decorating By stellabake Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 12:04am by stellabake

stellabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellabake Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake to do, this lady keeps changing things at the last minute. She wanted a full sheet cake with show box on it. Now she would rather have them stacked (2, 1/2 sheets) to make the cake more taller. I need to serve 150 people. The shoe box and bag will cover the remander amount of cake I need. My question is that she will be cutting the cake and serving it, I want the cake split so she doesn't over do it and then its not enough. I would like to some how stack the 2 cakes (1/2 sheets but have the cake box between them, so she will know where to stop cutting. Is that possible or other idea and if so how!! She is getting my stress behind cake,ya'll!! I value your comments and I also come her for cake questions, that I need answers too! Ya'll are the bomb!

4 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

Just press it with an impression mat that has 1x2 inch rectangles on it. it will be a cute texture as well! quick, easy design filler.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 5

If I understand correctly, she wants the two 1/2 sheets on top of each other and you want to put the shoe box part of the cake in between. If this is the case, I am assuming the shoe box portion of the cake will be smaller than the size of the 1/2 sheets, so I don't know how you would support the top 1/2 sheet unless the shoe box itself is just slightly smaller than the 1/2 sheets.

A better bet would be to just make sure each 1/2 sheet is on it's own cakeboard (thus separating the two layers of cake) so that the cakeboard itself is a guide to let her know where to stop cutting.

That's what I would do anyway...HTH icon_smile.gif

**edited to add**

If you wish, you could always put dowels in the bottom 1/2 sheet to make sure the top 1/2 sheet doesn't crush the bottom one (but I think it should be ok without).

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 5

If I am understanding what your saying, you want her to be able to serve the stacke portion as though it were still the full sheet, if that is correct then I would suggest that you ice the bottom 1/2 sheet, use dowels to support the second 1/2 sheet cake that is on a double cake board. The rest do as you would have. I'd make sure to let the lady know so she doesn't ruin the bottom trying to force through the cake board.

Hope this helps, sorry if I'm way off base in understanding what you needed help with.

stellabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellabake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:04am
post #5 of 5

Oh my gosh!! You guys saved me and helped me so.....much! Thank you. I will do as you said and stack the 2 1/2 sheets on top of each other and use some dowels to help with the touching of the two. She better not change again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%