Help With A Topper For A Cake Please :)

Decorating By Chippi Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 6:59am by Ariginal

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:55am
post #1 of 6

I have 3 records that are going on the top of my cake and they are Gumpaste/fondant mix and they are a deep yellow gold (similar to the swag on the cake in my profile) and I want them to look like Gold records, I was wondering if just brushing on gold luster dust or painting it on which will make it look more gold or is there a better way. I thought going with the deep yellow would help bring out the gold but I'm not sure now. Any advice very appreciated.

Chippi

5 replies
Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:08am
post #2 of 6

hi if you are to dust them.. i would then steam them as brings a nice metallic look to the gold.. a more solid gold i spose... rather than just a dusted powder look.

Chippi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:13am
post #3 of 6

Thank you Ariginal icon_smile.gif

Ariginal Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:56am
post #4 of 6

you are welcome see pic i am uploading of the 50th anniversary cake i dusted the roses then steamed them will give you an idea of the look... ignore the 50 as i used different gold on that not as nice hehe

Chippi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:43am
post #5 of 6

Those roses rock! Wow that is a beautiful cake! You should be very proud of the hard work you put in that!

I have already made the records that I'm putting on top with the deep yellow. Do I need to start over? I will def. steam them. Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif

Chippi

Ariginal Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:59am
post #6 of 6

try dusting them also it may give a nice gold colour... if it doesnt look right you can always try again... and your welcome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%