Filling Dam Question...

Decorating By Christina222 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm by Christina222

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 4

Normally I have always used buttercream as my filling in cakes. Sometimes I'll put mini chocolate chips in it, which my husband LOVES, but today I made the Peanut Butter Mousse (from the CC recipe section) to fill my chocolate cake for a party tomorrow. My question is this, when you do a dam for fillings other than the matching buttercream, do you still use buttercream? Or something closer to the filling? When you fill with fruit, do you still use straight buttercream? Should I try to "thicken" the PB filling and make the dam out of that? Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks!!

~Christina

3 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 4

Use the BC... this way you don't have to worry about any of your PB (or fruit or whatever) filling getting into the outer coating of BC when you frost the sides of the cake.

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 4

BC- Isn't that PB mousse great?-I had to put the leftovers in the freezer to keep from eating it.

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I'm off to go fill! I'm also gonna put mini chocolate chips in the PB mousse filling. My husband loved the PB filling, said it tasted like super creamy reeses pieces filling.

Thanks again, I love CC!!!

~Christina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%