If You Could Use A Smile...

Decorating By TracyLH Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 1:00am by jammjenks

Tarabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tarabell Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:56pm
post #31 of 54

They both made me cry, in a good way! Lol. Thanks for a great start to my day!

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #32 of 54

Got that one earlier this morning...now I have "happy feet" LOL!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:10pm
post #33 of 54

Kayla - Thanks for posting that link! I had heard of it mentioned and had never heard it. Very cute!

Win - I saw a snippet of her yesterday, taped it, had my family watch it. She was absolutely mazing! My husband commented that he could envision her on Broadway with that voice. What an inspirational story! Thanks for posting a link with the entire segment!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:13pm
post #34 of 54

I actually saw this link yesterday on my dance site (just like CC but for dancers). I don't know why but in the big middle of it I began to cry, and cry, and cry. What an incredible spectical! It gives me hope about this world.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:25pm
post #35 of 54

Thanks for the smile! Yesterday's viewing of Susan Boyle had me so full of smile that it squeezed tears out of my eyes!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:27pm
post #36 of 54

what special touching videos-sharing your gifts/talents with everone like that bringing a smile to peoples faces-makes the world seem a little better i love watching stuff like that. and that susan lady-i'm sure she'll be realizing her dreams soon!! just goes to show that you should NEVER give up!! thanks all for sharing icon_smile.gif *smiles through the sniffles*

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:39pm
post #37 of 54

that's awesome and incredible!

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:09pm
post #38 of 54

Win....thanks for posting that one. I'm at work watching it and had to suck the tears back in and hope nobody came in. That was absolutely beautiful.

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:18pm
post #39 of 54

Since watching Susan Boyle singing I Dreamed A Dream yesterday, I imagine I have replayed it 20 times. Totally by accident I seen it on the morning news, only catching part of it. I googled and watched the You Tube Video. There is something magical about Susan's voice singing this song, I even printed out the lyrics. This morning, early riser, 4 am... what do you suppose was on cable, Les Miserables...the French film that was subtitled.

I believe that certain things come into your life, just when you need it the most.

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:19pm
post #40 of 54

That is too cool for school!!! icon_biggrin.gif I love seeing things like that!!! Thanks for posting!

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #41 of 54

Oh, one more thing, I do pray that Susan records this song with a video of the Scottish Countryside as a backdrop......my oh my what a beautiful thing to imagine. Forgive me for going on about this, but this lady as touched me deeply.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #42 of 54

Ok so much more of this and I will have to expain to my hubby "they were happy tears" (my eyes are gonna be puffy) Those were great and I can't really explain all the tears.
Thanks

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:12pm
post #43 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetCreations

Ok so much more of this and I will have to expain to my hubby "they were happy tears" (my eyes are gonna be puffy) Those were great and I can't really explain all the tears.
Thanks

Yesterday, after watching the Susan Boyle video, my husband said , "hey, watch this." So, I had to turn around before I had the chance to clean up my act. I exclaimed, "Damned pollen! Oh, wow! It is baaaaaaaaaaad today!" got out of explaining my blubbery look icon_lol.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #44 of 54

wow...i just couldn't hold back the tears and the laughter and the smiles! what a great video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:42am
post #45 of 54

I've lost track of how many times I've watched Susan Boyle singing since yesterday and how many friends & family I've forwarded the link to so they can share in her amazing talent. I'm still getting goosebumps as I write this.

There are 2 other threads in the lounge that have other musical videos worth watching (one is about Susan Boyle but I also posted Paul (another opera guy from the same show but from 2007).

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-626074.html
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-627051.html

Thanks to the OP for posting the link and to Kayla for the 2nd one. Really enjoyed both of them! icon_smile.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:27pm
post #46 of 54

Thanks, xstitcher! I had not seen the "Stand by Me" clip before. What voices and wonderful talent! Thanks again for posting it!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:48pm
post #47 of 54

Oh, I'm disappointed. I tried to watch the train video, it says the video isn't available! Do you think we wore it out? Hope not!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:05am
post #48 of 54

TracyLH your welcome and thanks again for posting your link.

Veejaytx, I just checked right now and it's still working, maybe it was just a gliche?

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:21am
post #49 of 54

Yes, I was able to watch it just now too! I must have hit when there were too many people watching. Such a lot of fun!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:39am
post #50 of 54

Here's another fun one!

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:54am
post #51 of 54

This girl is a ball of energy with an incredible voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgevBTjKfZE&feature=channel_page

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 8:09am
post #52 of 54

That was so great. I love it - so why do I feel like I need to cry?!! I'm a sucker for dancing and the Sound of Music!

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 8:58am
post #53 of 54

sugarfrosted i loved the napkin musical, lol my fav part was when the security gaurd comes

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #54 of 54

Here's an older one that still makes me smile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%