Ideas For A Benefit..

Decorating By laurensmitty1982 Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 5:54am by xstitcher

laurensmitty1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurensmitty1982 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #1 of 3

Im going to help out a friend, whos neice has cancer. She is hosting a benefit for her sometimes next month. She asked if I had any ideas and I told her I could donate cakes/baked goods to auction for the family.

I was hoping to make a good amount, but I have never made more than one cake at a time. Any ideas on how to manage that many cakes/flowers so I dont have to cram them all in the day before. Ideas on freezing, and storage? I dont have cake boxes, and my town is very small. So im not sure where I could get cake storages material from.. TIA

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #2 of 3

You can get boxes & boards, and lots of equipment from Country Kitchen.
There is a lot you can do in advance. Make & color icing, make flowers, or other decorations. Bake cakes; they can be frozen. Icing too if more than 2 weeks in advance. There are many threads on this site about fzing cakes; properly wrapped they will be just a fresh as the day you baked them for up to 6 months.
Lots of ways to minimize the work at the last minuteicon_smile.gif
I suggest keeping what you make on the small size. Like 6" and 8" cakes. Do some quick breads and cookies; cookie bouquets go over well usually.
Do you make candies? It's easy to make nut clusters etc. HTH

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 5:54am
post #3 of 3

All the suggestions kakeladi gave are fantastic.

The other thing I was thinking you could make are decorated cupcakes. I think they look great with just swirls on top and it takes only a couple seconds to put a swirl on each one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%