What Size Pans Do I Use???

Decorating By Carlymoon Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm by Carlymoon

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,
I'm doing my first wedding cake- they only want two tiers (square shaped) so what sizes would you recommend so it doesn't like unproportioned. Any rules of thumb I should know?! Thanks!

3 replies
Butterfly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly27 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 4

First of all you need to find out how many people this cake needs to feed. Keep in mind that the bottom tier will be the only one that gets eaten since the top tier is kept for the bride and groom. Go to wilton.com to check out all their different size and shaped pans and also check out some of their books that will tell you serving sizes and amounts for each pan. Good Luck

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

As butterfly said, we need to know how many guests are expected before we can help.

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 4

thanks Ladies,
they are doing a dessert table but wanted to still have a cake to cut for tradition. They will be having 300 guests but don't need 300 servings of cake. (does that make sense?) So they just want "some" cake slices as an additional option at the dessert table. So I am thinking 2 or 3 tiers. What size would be best for a two tier square or three tier square?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%