Help Me Find This Pound Cake Recipe-Puleeze!

Baking By prettytoya Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 3:36am by licia

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 7

Howdy All,
The pound cake recipe I'm looking for must be the world's best kept secret. Those that know how to make it WILL NOT part with the recipe-I promise you-LOL! This cake is dense, moist, buttery and has a crusty (not crunchy) exterior. The only people that I know that know how to bake it either "don't measure the ingredients" or again will not part with them. Come on people, help me out! icon_lol.gif

Happy baking,
Prettytoya

P.S. Pound Cake Snobs-have mercy on me! icon_cry.gif

6 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 7

Don't know if this is it, but it's my favorite pound cake in the entire world!

Cream Cheese Poundcake

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla
3 cups flour
1/8 t. salt

Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes, until mixture is creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes until very light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add vanilla, mixing well. Combine flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Fill a 2 cup, ovenproof measuring cup with water and place in oven next to tube pan.

Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:46am
post #3 of 7

I don't have a recipe for you. But, you could do a google image search for "pound cake recipe". Then you can search out a crusty pound cake.

linda2530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2530 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:55am
post #4 of 7

I think you are looking for a "cold oven pound cake" most pound cakes will bake up crusty if they are started in a cold oven. Hope that helps!
Linda2530

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:02am
post #5 of 7

My pound cake sounds like JodieF's recipe. My observation is that if it has a big sugar ratio to the flour and recipe (3cups sugar and 3 cups flour), it should develop a good sugar crust on the top for you. I love the flavor of the cream cheese pound cakes!

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:19am
post #6 of 7

Down south we call the pound cake with the crusty top Nana's Pound Cake. Try this:6 eggs
2 sticks of butter
2 Cups sugar
2&3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all together and put in pan Bake @ 350 degrees (1 hr) or til done. icon_smile.gif

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:36am
post #7 of 7

sounds like the pound cakes I remembered from childhood

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%