Web Templates Question

Business By cylstrial Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 9:02pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone,
I have been looking around at all these templates and I'm just not sure how they work. Can I change the background of the template? And can I change out all of the pictures? Just curious!
Any suggestions are where I should buy the template?

Thanks!
Celeste

6 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 7

Are you using html? If so, I have no idea how to help..Who are you hosting through?I know on godaddy.com's website tonight, you can change the templates they have. You just click on it,and at the top it should say "edit template" And you can make your own through paint or microsoft word, or whichever program you have! hth

cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 7

I don't actually have anything set up. I don't have a domain name, webhosting or anything. I'm just trying to figure it all out. It just seems so complicated.

Thanks for letting me know about the godaddy templates. I appreciate it!

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 7

I started out using html, and I had the hardest time. You really have to know what you are doing. I must have call the customer service for help like 6 times, before I finally switched to website tonight. That one is so much easier, you just drag and drop stuff that you want.
Unfortunately, I can't help much, but if you do get a site, trust me, save yourself a migraine and get one that's not html!! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks! I'll remember that pipedreams!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 7

Yes and no . . . Read the website carefully. Most of the time you can change out almost everything in a template. Sometimes there are elements that you can't change.

I just redid the website for my B&B using a template, and I could change out the pictures at the top, but I had to have 3 pictures- not 1 or 2, not 4. Most of the time you can change out the background, but not always. The website will tell you what is changeable.

cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Leah! I will have to read closely then. I appreciate the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%