Really???? Aarg!

Business By karateka Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 7:17am by Chef_Stef

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm
post #31 of 37

I hate that you had to deal with her stupid slef but also happy to read I am not the only one who deals with completely STUPID people!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #32 of 37

Oh boy! Stuff like this really makes me reconsider whether I even want to get good enough to open a shop one day!!??

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:43am
post #33 of 37

she's definitely koo-koo for coco puffs!

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #34 of 37

oh my goodness!! i got an email yesterday from a client wanting to taste test severalurs for a cake of 14 servings!!! luckily it was an email becoause i laughed so hard i nearly fell of my chair, i think if it was on the phone i would not have been able to stop myself!! i promptly told her that i only do tastings for weddings (not entirely true as if it was a very large birthday or christening -the equivelent of a wedding- i would also do sampling- but for a 7" square???? i don't think so, and the way she had said sample some flavours she would have needed another 7" cake!! she also thought she could just pop in that morning to taste them!!! and yes this was also about the 900th email i had recieved in regards to this cake that hadn't actually been booked yet! i am crossing my fingers i do not hear from her again. you can usually see the crazies a mile of and no mattter how much you may need the money it is always safer to steer clear as they are the ones that turn ito nightmares!!
oh and you ahould never budge on you minimum order price because then they will all be trying to get cheaper orders, mine is $150 weather you want one cupcake or 30 i don't get out of bed for less than $150 (thats my linda evangelists impersination as shw was quoted as saying she doesn't get out of bed for less than $10,000. i would try but i can't see me ever getting out of bed lol!!)

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #35 of 37

I find its the smaller cake customers who haggle and make the most preposterous demands ever. I have had innumerable people want to sample the icing or a bite(?!?!) of cake for a 6"-however that works! But this lady did take the cake...lol

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #36 of 37

http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/cakes.php?content=cakes/sizes

Here she goes, an individual "bundlet" is only $3.99. icon_wink.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:17am
post #37 of 37

I wouldn't say yes to an individual cake unless I could tell her that, sure, I can make individual cakes (or cupcakes). They are $4/serving, no tastings are available for non-wedding orders, and they come in batches of 12 (as in, a dozen cupcakes). You buy 12 and pick them up yourself; they are not delivered. Then, you can eat just one, and I don't care what you do with the rest. Freeze them for the next time you want to have a party for ONE.

DUH

I'd have laughed out loud if she asked for a tasting and said, "Ummm, well, if you want to show up and crash the next wedding I deliver cake to, you could get a taste..." LOL

Give her directions to the nearest Krispy Kreme or Walmart!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%