Bad Camera Angles?

Decorating By pebblez87 Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 12:54pm by cylstrial

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:25am
post #1 of 5

trying to make small portfolio unfortunetly lately the camera pics have been coming out blurry on my camera they look great but on the computer icon_sad.gif whats your opinion would you guys use these pics or just omit them ?
LL
LL

4 replies
lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:51am
post #2 of 5

Personally, I would not use the first one because it's so out of focus it makes my eyes cross a bit when I look at it so I don't think it would be good to show potential clients. The 2nd one is clearer but I would try to crop out some of the background before using it.

You really do have to be super still in order to get good pictures - even with today's ultra hi-tech cameras that have features like stability control etc.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:00am
post #3 of 5

The best way to make sure your pictures are steady is to use a tripod. Depending on your camera you need to press the shutter button halfway and let it auto focus then follow through with the "click". If you could tell me the make and model of your camera I may be able to give better advice.

HTH.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:35am
post #4 of 5

I used to have this problem but not anymore.I have a digital camera and always take lots of pictures from diferent angles and with diferent lightnings,I also take day and night pictures,cos at times the cakes look diferent during the day while a lot of sparkles might be more visible at night.I then select the best and delete the rest,as I might take up to 10 pictures for one cake.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 5

The first picture is a little bit blurry, but if it's the only picture that you have of the cake...I would go ahead and use it. After you start making more cakes, you can take it out of your portfolio and just add it to your personal collection. Just my thoughts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%