Smbc And Dummies

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 2:01am by FromScratch

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 7

I figure I have bugged Jeanne enough for one day.... icon_lol.gif

Anybody successfully cover dummies with SMBC? Something is telling me it is going to slide right off that styrofoam.....shoot!

Have a 3 tier coming up, and the first to incorporate SMBC and dummies (fondant from now on!)

Any thoughts or suggestions??

6 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmmmmmm.......is this for a real wedding cake or just display? I'm thinking it's for a real wedding.

How about if you do a crumbcoat with reg bc first? Let it crust and then apply the SMBC.

It may help, but now you've got me thinking.

__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 7

Yep...real wedding, for the fancy schmancy monogram (gotta make that soon!)....I think the real BC idea sounds great! If there is anything else, let me know guys!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #4 of 7

I bet it would stick fine... I'd grab an 8" dummy (if you have one... I have tons of dummies and tend to just assume everyone has my affliction icon_wink.gif) and give it a try. You could always take some 80 grit sandpaper and rough it up a bit too.

... and don't worry about bugging me. I never see it that way. icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:09am
post #5 of 7

Oh yeah...every size and shape....well, I'll be out a 6" square and a 10" round, but thank oodness for tay lor foam. Love them!

I will try it this weekend. This cake has to be perfect....no room for error. Venue is downtown art center, and I believe the buffet and cake table are in the front gallery window where everyone walks by and peeks in...yay!

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:11am
post #6 of 7

I just wish they wanted more real cake instead of the dummies. Oh well. icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #7 of 7

Ooooooh!!! How cool... well good luck!! I'll be thinking happy cake thoughts for you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%