How Long Will Cupcake Pops Last

Baking By noyhoward Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 4:52am by noyhoward

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 17

Hi there. I have 3 stores that will let me sell my cupcake pops on their front counter next to the register. I'm making different flavors. My question is long long will they stay good if one flavor doesn't sell as good as the other one. I guess what I mean is how often do I have to switch them out so the don't go bad. I just don't want to make anyone sick. Thanks for helping.
Noy

16 replies
noyhoward Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 17

Can someone please help me? Thanks

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 17

You might try asking on Bakerella's website.

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 17

Oh....I want to know too!! I'm doing 100+ this week for a charity thing. Would love to start them tonight!!

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 17

Are you talking about cake balls, also called cake truffles??
Nancyg

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg

Nancyg

That's what I was talking about. I can't speak for OP.

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 17
twentyfingers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twentyfingers Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 17

Reading through on Bakerella's site, in the comments section of a post she says they stay fresh for a couple days. Another site I go to says since they are covered in chocolate it seals them & they stay fresh for a long time.

I think your best bet is to make a batch and test it for yourself.

noyhoward Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg

Nancyg

yes,you can put a stick on it like Bakerella's website & call it a cupcake pops. I just didn't want to make anyone sick or anything. And this is my 1ST time making them & don't know much about them beside what I read on Bakerella's website. Thanks everyone for helping.

2sweetcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sweetcookies Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:54pm
post #10 of 17

I recently made some for a show I did, I had a lot left over so I gave some away one girl said she waited 4 days to eat it and they were already about 2- 3 days old, she went crazy over them and wanted more. I did freeze the rest for my daughters birhtday party and they thaw nicely. I also did a test on the cake itself and it was still fresh after 5 days. I think the frosting mixed in helps them stay moist. Nothing should be kept out for more than 7 days though.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:58pm
post #11 of 17

I've had them last up to about 4 days and still taste fine. I would make some and test them myself. I don't want to bust your bubble but are you licensed to sell to the public?

noyhoward Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I've had them last up to about 4 days and still taste fine. I would make some and test them myself. I don't want to bust your bubble but are you licensed to sell to the public?

One of the place is a resturant that a friend of my mom owns & she is letting use her kitchen after hr free of charge & I'm in process of getting my license.I wasn't sure if I needed to get everyone done & get my license completed to sell this.I just thought that since I will be using her kitchen & sell them in her restaurant that should be a problem.Please let me know since I'm new @ this & don't want to get in to trouble.Thanks.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:37pm
post #13 of 17

If you are her employee it shouldn't be a problem. If you are selling on your own you need to be licensed. Check with the Health Department in your County and they can guide you to getting licensed.

noyhoward Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #14 of 17

Thanks Tiggy2,I think I'll wait until I can get everything together.I hate to get in trouble & most of all get her in trouble since she is being so nice to me & willing to help me. I live in GA so I can't do it out of my house & when she told me that I can use her kitchen free of charge,I was just so shocked & happy & didn't even think about be licensed. I will call the HD anyway to see what are the guidelines if I change my mind. Thank again for pointing that out because that was the last thing on my mind.

Sabz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabz Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:26pm
post #15 of 17

Wow how freaky is this, I was just gona start a thread asking this exact same question. Lo, and behold! Its already asked for me!

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #16 of 17

How much are you charging for the pops?

noyhoward Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:52am
post #17 of 17

$1.75 & she sold out & wanted more but I told her that I will wait to talk to the HD before I make anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%