My Castle...finally Over!

Decorating By evbunt Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 2:27am by cylstrial

evbunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evbunt Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:32am
post #1 of 8

Well, I did it! I absolutely could not have done it without this site or the help from many of you...from the inspiration for the idea all the way to how to cut the darn thing...I'm so very grateful. It's great to see a place where professionals and hobbyists come together...so here's the finished product. I didn't really complete my design as I ran out of time, energy, and simply the desire to do any more...so the result was many less touretts, not as many details, etc. So many things I would do differently, but I will do another fun cake...Thanks cakecentral members!
LL

7 replies
Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #2 of 8

Wow that is absulutly beautiful! Did you use the cake kit or the ice cream cones?

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:45am
post #3 of 8

Great job!!

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:45am
post #4 of 8

Well, its hard to believe this is your first cake! You did a beautiful job! I don't think it needs anymore turrets. Looks great just like this. Bet the girl loved it.

evbunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evbunt Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskahsm

Wow that is absulutly beautiful! Did you use the cake kit or the ice cream cones?

Thanks! I used ice cream cones covered in melted pink candy melts then pink sugar...the "ooops, oh well" part there was that I sent my dh to the store for more cones, as I had used colored cones for my practice and he bought a bigger size, so I ended up having to use the practice ones and couldn't hide the green ones very well!

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:14am
post #6 of 8

hi. i have an order for my 1st castle. can u direct me please....how do u color the coconut for grass? how do u secure the turrets to the board for stability during transport? thanks.

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 8

This is so precious. Great job.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:27am
post #8 of 8

That's a big spread! I really like the towers! They look so fancy and glamourous! What did you use on them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%