Another "instead Of Wedding Cake...." Article

Decorating By indydebi Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 6:40am by tallgood

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:24am
post #61 of 74

I don't know who actually wrote that article but the grammar and typo's are horrible. I had a hard time keeping focused on the content and couldn't take it seriously because of the writing quality...let's hope I wasn't the only one not taking it seriously icon_smile.gif

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #62 of 74

We are getting ready for my daughter's Quinceanera (one thing short of a wedding, the groom), and all I think about is what are we going to serve the GUEST!! I just don't get it when people can sit there and pick everything they like and not even give any thought to the people that they are inviting.

So when my daughter tells me that she doesn't want a cake at her party I thought that I was going to die. What does she want one of those "candy Bars". So we start to look for a half way point and we have found one. But boy was I scared that I was going to be serving some rice crispies treat cake.....omg does she like the stuff.

But main point. brides need to get out of the bridezilla mode for at least the cake portion of the party. People are expecting to be feed and yes they want cake, even if they are behind the bar making out with one of the serves (oops, not that type of party. Could have fooled me they are still unwrapping the Twinkies and pink snowballs for a wedding cake.), or in the ladies room powdering her their nose.

Bea
Oh and the reason why my pumpkin doesn't want a cake. Get this "because no one is going to make a cake that taste as good as "Mooma's" cake". Well, I don't know if that is the real reason but she can get whatever she wants with that answer. LOL!!!

oh this is what my daughter wants instead.
LL

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Imagine how we felt - dressed to the nines - full tank of petrol for the 1.5 hour each way trip - beautifully wrapped gift -
standing in 43C = 116F heat for a garden wedding - then ushered inside for a menu that l thought the scouts had thrown together out the back.
I kid you not - we had the CHOICE of either 2 grilled sausages OR a mince burger.......accompanied by a dessertspoon of either green salad OR that tacky 3 bean mix stuff............. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

And lets not talk about THAT cake. tapedshut.gif

112 people at the wedding - and the cake was for 60. icon_eek.gif
NO we didn't get any - only the females were meant to get cake (WT?) but for some reason OUR TABLE didn't get a look in. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I was sooooooooooo hungry - so pi$$ed off and sooooooooooooo bloody hot i turned to the DH and said - "get me outta here before i collapse on the floor from hunger or melt....lets get in the car with the a/con on and drive to the nearest Golden Arches (McDonalds)"
So we did. Looked like right rabbits sitting in maccas in heels - evening dress and diamonds - but did i care - hell no - i was getting fed - cool and rehydrated. icon_lol.gif

I don't care what kind of cake a bride and groom choose - but pllllllllease just make sure you have enough cake for all.

Got a thankyou card from the newly weds - thanking us for sharing their special day AND HELPING TO MAKE IT A GREAT EVENING...guess we weren't missed as we shot down the mountain looking for a maccas icon_razz.gif - they also mentioned that the staff did a *stirling job* because there was even 13 sausages and 5 mince burgers left - *faint*

I know many try and keep the purse strings tight when getting married - but that was just tacky - lousey and MEAN.

Gee i feel good now that i have finally spoken of it - lol lol
Have had that bottled up since Feb - icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Breath in - then out - in - then out - icon_lol.gif

Bluehue.

Okay, wait....in the thank you note they said how much food they had leftover???? How tacky is that!!

Glad to see you weren't missed. icon_confused.gif I guess they didn't make the rounds to every table to say hi to everyone....thanks for coming.

As for cake....if I didn't get any at a wedding....there would be one angry person there!!! I don't understand....only women get to eat cake? What are the men supposed to eat?

Wow, glad you found a Mickey D's! I would have gone to the closest McDonalds too; in fact, I have done that!

cathyfowler662 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:11am
post #64 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocat

Anyone besides me want to go to ednas for dinner?

Me me me!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:24am
post #65 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyfowler662

Quote:

I see you Cat

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:30am
post #66 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:

Quote:

I see you Cat

LMAO.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Someone bring the donuts please!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cathyfowler662 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:14am
post #67 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:

Quote:

I see you Cat

Hi Janette!!! Love you!

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:12am
post #68 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy_Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCakeCook

What is your opinion about ice cream cake? Cold Stone not cruddy 31 flavors

That would be awesome and deffinately different...but I don't think you could have it out for everyone to see before it being cut due to the melting factor.

Oh, I didn't! I used a dummy cake (2/3styro and 1/3 cake from costco {DON'T YELL AT ME, only hubby and I ate the costco cake) We cut into and smushed costco cake into each others faces then everyone ate butterfinger bliss cake. I'll see if I can upload pics

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:29am
post #69 of 74

So here are a few pictures form my wedding Here is my styro/costco cake me and friends made the morning of my wedding JANE you are the BEST. The guests got cold stone
LL
LL
LL
LL

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:28am
post #70 of 74

Cute pics! I think if BOTH bride and groom are "in to" the cake smooshing it can be a cute thing and fun for bride and groom. But it is sad to see it when the groom is clearly out to get the bride and she laughs and smiles, but you can tell she is not quite into it - uncomfortable! Or even worse (as I have seen) the bride gets pissed and storms out of the reception and has to be dragged out of the bathroom by her MOH - yeah, that marriage did not last the year (she was a bitch though).

DH tied an apron around my waist that my grandmother had made for me (she read a tradition somewhere that brides in England received a new filly apron for their wedding, of course we are not English, but she was cute that way icon_smile.gif) and then we fed each other with forks icon_rolleyes.gif I'm such a goober!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:20am
post #71 of 74

When I go to a wedding, I better be fed good food and get a good dessert. If you're not gonna serve wedding cake, then make it a dessert bar with yummy choices. Like cheesecake. I heart cheesecake.

The reception is just a big party and that means its all about me as the guest. Not the B&G. Dammit.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 5:58am
post #72 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Oh, that is ridiculous! Can you just see the picture of the bride and groom cutting the skittles?

I'm not sure why, but that sounds like a fart joke to me. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

OMG! ROFLMFAO!!!! (okay...who cut the skittles??? like a fart with trailers....!)

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:04am
post #73 of 74

I thought the candy bar was like a self serve make-your-own mix type party favor thing.

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:40am
post #74 of 74

I'm sorry ladies, but those "donut cakes" look more like a continental breakfast buffet at a Holiday Inn...slightly stale too!

I love good donuts, but a wedding reception without a wedding cake is missing something!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%