Here Are The Rosebuds For My Daughter's Wedding Cake

Decorating By tiffy76620 Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 5:15am by Charmaine49

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:12pm
post #31 of 49

Beautiful roses! I would love to know how many petals did you use to make your rosebud?

In regards to steaming & dusting. Do you steam first the luster dust or apply luster dust first then steam?

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:15pm
post #32 of 49

BEAUTIFUL! I wish that I could make roses look that real! Looking forward to seeing the whole cake!

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:16pm
post #33 of 49

WOW! Absolutely beautiful!

Do you dust first, then steam?? Or, is it the other way around??

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:34pm
post #34 of 49

Gorgeous ~ Can't wait to see the cake!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:34pm
post #35 of 49

Please share with us how you made these and how you go about steaming them. You've peaked our interest for those of us who never heard of this. Thanks. They are beautiful.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:48pm
post #36 of 49

Beautiful rose buds!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

[To answer some questions, apply the dust first, then steam. ... When I steam mine, I like to use a regular teapot. Watch the spout until steam starts to come out. Then hold the flower by the stem and twirl in the steam. But NOT too close to the source or you could wind up with way too much moisture on your flower! And it will then get "gummy" ~ which is not the effect you want of course. You'll see the color/s deepen and set. Then set aside to dry.]

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm
post #37 of 49

You did an amazing job! I love the steam technique-got that from Edna!! I know that your daughter is goingto love them!

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm
post #38 of 49

Yes, I too love your flowers! They are gorgeous and so lifelike! I would also like to know more about the steaming process. Would you use a steamer for vegetables? Or is it just water boiling over the stove?

jguilbeau Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:51pm
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCarra

[To answer some questions, apply the dust first, then steam. ... When I steam mine, I like to use a regular teapot. Watch the spout until steam starts to come out. Then hold the flower by the stem and twirl in the steam. But NOT too close to the source or you could wind up with way too much moisture on your flower! And it will then get "gummy" ~ which is not the effect you want of course. You'll see the color/s deepen and set. Then set aside to dry.]

Do you apply the dust dry or with vodka/vanilla extract? And if you apply the dust wet, do you wait for that to dry before steaming?

jguilbeau Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:52pm
post #40 of 49
Quote:

Do you apply the dust dry or with vodka/vanilla extract? And if you apply the dust wet, do you wait for that to dry before steaming?

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:52pm
post #41 of 49

So beautiful! Your daughter is one lucky girl

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:23pm
post #42 of 49

Hi jguilbeau ~ I work with gumpaste/sugarpaste. I apply the dust dry, and then gently steam. It's funny sometimes because I'll dust a flower and think I like it just the way it is without steaming. Then I steam them and the colors deepen and I'm like "Wow!" .... Try it! It's exciting and fun! icon_razz.gif

I, too, cannot WAIT to see this finished cake! I'm sure the guests will be talking about that cake forever! She does beautiful work! icon_smile.gif

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #43 of 49

Your roses are beautiful!! They are very life like. Thank you for sharing the steaming technique. I can't wait to try it the next time I make roses.

jguilbeau Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:43pm
post #44 of 49
Quote:

Hi jguilbeau ~ I work with gumpaste/sugarpaste. I apply the dust dry, and then gently steam. It's funny sometimes because I'll dust a flower and think I like it just the way it is without steaming. Then I steam them and the colors deepen and I'm like "Wow!" .... Try it! It's exciting and fun! icon_razz.gif

Thanks TCarra for the info icon_wink.gif

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:46pm
post #45 of 49

Beautiful! You should really consider doing a tutorial on how you make your roses. Maybe put it on you tube? I would love to be able to make roses that life like.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:56pm
post #46 of 49

Those are beautiful rose buds! Your daughter will be so proud!

In regards to steaming... I have an actual clothes steamer that I use. It's so convenient. I dust first, then steam. Someone asked about painting them with vodka then steaming... if you look at my flower basket, I wanted one of my roses to look like the '4th of July' rose so I painted it first with vodka then steamed. Caution, this makes things gunk up (which I expected because I wanted to go back and streak out the color.) Otherwise, I dry dust then lightly steam. Sometimes, I even dry dust again and steam again to get a layered look.

Moss green is another great color to use on the calyx.

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:21am
post #47 of 49

Stunning roses--- icon_biggrin.gif

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:02am
post #48 of 49

Thank you all for your kind replies!! Really means alot!! I have made 75 rose buds in different shades of pink. For the rose buds I used one of the pink 5 petal quick rose. I am right now in the process of making 75 semi opened roses using 2 layers of the quick rose petals, then I have to make 75 of the full opened rose using 3 layers of the quick rose petals. So you can say I am up to my elbows in roses!! LOL.....My daughter's wedding is May 2nd. So I am behind the 8 ball!!! Her wedding was supposed to be in August but it was moved up because of her fiance's military schedule!!

Brenda icon_biggrin.gif

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #49 of 49

May 2nd - now I have two things to look forward to....
Its my brother and my 60th birthday party and your daughter's wedding, which I am waiting, in anticipation, to see what her wedding cake is going to look like. With all those roses that you are making its going to be one heck of a cake......can't wait!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%