Request For A Square Dancing/camping/80Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 10:07am by BakeLoveMom

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 6

I got a request from my Boss, from her mother, for a surprise for her dad for his 80th B-day. She requested a Square Dancing/Camping cake. Either 2 separate cakes or together. I was even thinking separate tiers...however I have to say, I am completely at a loss where to begin for the design I have looked through some of the 138 pages in the gallery when I type in Square Dancing, but haven't come up with much. Do any of you guys have any ideas??? Thanks so much.

Sarah

5 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:39am
post #2 of 6

I don't know how you are in the hand painting thing...or maybe edible images..? But you could make a tiered cake maybe with a tent and campfire on the very top of the cake. Then on the top tier you could paint/edible image/fondant figures of square dancers....then on the bottom tier maybe make grasses and flowers or trees like its in the woods...?????

Or maybe go with a sheet cake and a tent and campfire on top and some figures square dancing.....

I don't like doing figures so I try to avoid them when I can. haha.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 6

I wonder if he's a member of National Square Dance Campers Association, Inc. http://www.nsdca.org/

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 6

I wonder if he's a member of National Square Dance Campers Association, Inc. If so, there are many badges you could use.
http://www.nsdca.org/
-
The official Badge Maker for NSDCA - http://www.maandpaengraving.com/
-
Perhaps the dancers could be dancing in front of some tents, by the campfire?

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagneibo

I got a request from my Boss, from her mother, for a surprise for her dad for his 80th B-day. She requested a Square Dancing/Camping cake. Either 2 separate cakes or together. I was even thinking separate tiers...however I have to say, I am completely at a loss where to begin for the design I have looked through some of the 138 pages in the gallery when I type in Square Dancing, but haven't come up with much. Do any of you guys have any ideas??? Thanks so much.

Sarah

I think the square dancers dancing around the campfire, with tents, camping equip. etc in background, and if he is a member of that national square dance camper ... you can somehow incorporate some of the badges as flags flying around the campground. Sheet cake might be better to use instead of tiers.

Edited to add : Also don't forget to add the "caller" for the square dancers in there too!

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:07am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much guys, sorry I have been mia for a while. I have made some figures, but they defin. aren't my favorite...maybe silloettes(sorry sp?) I will draw up a couple sketches. Thanks again.

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%