Large Event...how Do I Keep Them Fresh.

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 3:17am by Kitagrl

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 4

I my experience cupcakes go stale faster than cake. So in a couple weeks I have a large event I am doing with 200-300 people. That is a massive amount of cupcakes and pastries I will be doing. How do I keep them fresh? I can't bake them all in one night.

Can I freeze them? Should I put them in the fridge?

Please someone help on this one. Normally my items are just for small events and this will be my first large one.

TIA

3 replies
Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:23am
post #2 of 4

You can freeze them. Put a heavy duty aluminum foil on the cupcake pan. (Cut it a little bigger than the pan) press it with another cupcake pan to form the pockets for the cupcakes. Put this on a cookie sheet and put your baked cupcakes into the pockets. Take a large enough press and seal (glad) cling wrap and press them between the spaces of the pockets so it seals the air out. Freeze it. Pull it out and decorate the day before or however you plan on doing it. I hope it is simple swirls since the number is so high.

Good luck with the order.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Valli. Yes they are going to be done with swirls.

I will try that. I am a press and seal junkie anyway LOL.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:17am
post #4 of 4

I put the cupcakes on a large sheet board and then wrap well with saran wrap...once they are frozen you can stack them up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%