Nonperishable Fillings??

Decorating By newnancy Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 1:48am by newnancy

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 6

I need help! I don't know if cakes made with cream cheese fillings or white chocolate ganache or mousse fillings have to be refrigerated. I need some fillings to go with WASC for a wedding cake I'm doing for my nieces wedding & it will be out of the fridge for a couple of day while I'm working on it, can't be refrigerated at all.

Anybody have any ideas? Appreciate any help I can get.

5 replies
newnancy Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 6

Anybody?

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 6

I'd like to see a list - what fillings and icings can only be out of the refrigerator a very short time, several hours or the majority of the day, and what doesn't necessarily need refrigeration at all! Maybe we could collaberate here to create such a list? Or maybe there already is one somewhere someone can point us to?

newnancy Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 6

I'm all for collaberation.........I would love a list like that.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 6

Cream cheese and mousse need to be refrigerated. Whipped ganache can sit out 24 hours I think? The only nonperishable fillings besides BC that i know of are the sleeve fillings you get from a cake supply. Even jams and snack pack type puddings need refrigeration once opened.

newnancy Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

Thanks beachcakes.

I was hoping for something more exciting than sleeve fillings. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try the good ones for another occasion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%