Edible Monogram

Decorating By crazygravy Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 1:15am by drakegore

crazygravy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazygravy Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:55am
post #1 of 4

Any ideas for an edible monogram to top a cup cake? I thought about monogramming a piece of chocolate with white chocolate...but that's as far as I've gotten....ideas or suggestions????

3 replies
drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:09am
post #2 of 4

i was making them out of royal icing last night. using a wide tip to pipe big ol' fat letters. or you could do more elegant ones by outlining and filling.

another idea i have been toying with is getting the martha stewart round monogram stamps (for scrapbooks, at wal-mart) and stamping chocolate plastic, then filling in the monogram with icing or painting with lustre dust.

or get the FMM cutters, cut fondant, let dry, and top the cupcakes with those.

one more thought, something i have done in the past is use the candy molds for chocolate letters. i think i have a photo somwhere....hold on, i'll be right back icon_biggrin.gif

finnsimm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnsimm Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #3 of 4

I used rolled fondant. I cut out a small circle and used the Wilton Letter Imprint set to imprint the initial onto the fondant disk. I then let them dry and then put them on top of the cupcake.

www.cakesbycasey.blogspot.com

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #4 of 4

there were just using candy melts in a candy mold with detailing added by a candy writing tube. easy peasy. (yes, those are toothpicks holding up the mushrooms, lol. i forgot to take them out...)
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%