Tattoo Gun Cake..holy Moses

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 10:18pm by pipe-dreams

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 6

A customer wants a cake like a tattoo gun. I've attached a pic. Where do I even start with this?? Maybe some sheet cakes carved up real good? But that would make it pretty big. Any ideas for me? TIA!
LL

5 replies
kakeladi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi2 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 6

Are they willing to pay the sculpted cake price???

I'd start w/a sq or small sheet for that black part and 3'(?) rounds cut in 1/2 for the round silver part that holds the needle.
The rest probably would be gp ?

pipe-dreams Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 6

yes, it's a local tattoo shop having a 1 year anniversary. So they're willing to pay $$$. I was also thinking sheet cake, but great idea on the round cut in half for the silver part!! I'm so into another thread right now that I can't think right!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, I agree with kakeladi2. I would do the large bulky parts cake and metal parts fondant around dowels with metallic painting. All the big cake designers would place it right on a decorated cake board, so you would have to adjust the gun size for that to get enough servings. It wouldn't be so tiny to work with if it was that large, though.
It also looks like it has an airbrush design, which you could do with the metallic (I've used the pearl spray a lot!) spray cans that are now available at well known online supply stores.
Looks fun!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 6

Heehee, I bet you I know which other thread you're talking about! icon_wink.gif

pipe-dreams Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 6

The ever suspenseful wedding cake Bride from H#&L!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%