Said I Wouldn't Do One Ever Again But...

Decorating By kidscakelady Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm by kidscakelady

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 15

I did another wedding cake. Last June I did one and swore NEVER AGAIN. I promised my hubby I wouldn't do any more either but alas... the economy and friends have wore me down. I did the following cake for a co-worker who is getting married tomorrow. I am also doing two more weddings this spring. One is a cupcake wedding and the second is 9 different flavored cakes to go along with an ice cream sundae bar- I'm actually looking forward to them. I'll post another picture once I set up at the venue but for now here it is....

PS- Many thanks to JenM75 for allowing me to use her design and for her help. The Bride spent hours looking on this site and just had to have this cake- right down to the same topper. So thanks JenM75!!
The saying on the cake reads: "It's never too late to live happily ever after"
LL

14 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 15

Beautiful! Do you use Picnik to edit your photos with?

kidscakelady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 15

Thanks- I use Microsoft PictureIt to edit my photos- never heard of Picnik. I'm trying to take bettter photos these days and the photo editing is a godsend. Thanks for looking and asking.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 15

Ah...well Picnik is a free service, it can cost money for better features, but I love it! www.picnik.com

Plus, it links to Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, automatically if you want.

kidscakelady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks, I'll have to try it out. Just started on facebook last week and am using it to show some of my cakes so mught just come in handy. Thanks for the link.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 15

WOW, this is beautiful and really romantic. You did an awesome job.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 15

Your cake is beautiful and i am sure the bride loved it.

and thanks jamie for the link i will have to try it now.....

kidscakelady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks guys- the wedding isn't until tomorrow so I'll let you know how it is received. I plan to take a few more photos at the venue with the whole table set up- I have gold tulle and flowers for the table too but just wanted to share this one as it is now.

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 15

Beautiful!!

~Sarah

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #10 of 15

lovely cake

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:57pm
post #11 of 15

This is lovely!!!! The bride's lucky that you decided to do one more wedding cake. icon_smile.gif

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:58pm
post #12 of 15

It's beautiful. thumbs_up.gif What did you use to get the gold coloring? If food coloring, what brand? Thanks!

Lisa

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #13 of 15

You did a beautiful job with it!

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 5:16pm
post #14 of 15

Beautiful cake!

kidscakelady Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks, the color was actually Country Kitchen's ivory- I used a small amount for the base and tehn added more- a good bit- to the accent colors and it gave it the gold appearance-

I arrived at the venue to no table or space to set up the cake- the lighting was poor so I didn't get a good picture of the final set-up so I posted the picture above to my gallery. Haven't heard what the bride and groom thought of it. Only one little mishap when setting up---- I put my thumb into the back of the cake lifting up the board to place the tulle fabric -- thank goodness it was in the back and I had my supplies with me- I was able to fix it enough to cover it and then creatively bunched the fabric up in the back to finish correcting it.

This cake went so much easier than the first wedding cake that I swore would be the last- now I just have to convince the hubby that it would be okay to do them

Happy Easter all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%