White Chocolate Cake ??

Baking By ShayShay Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm by tyty

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 10

Is it possible to make a white chocolate cake from a doctored mix? I was thinking of melting white chocolate and adding it to my mix ( I use the extender recipe). Would it change any of the other ingredients? TIA!
Shay

9 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 10

I use the WASC recipe when I make a white chocolate cake. To be honest....I just kinda "wing it" and have never written it down. But, I THINK I use about 4-6 oz. of white chocolate and leave off the oil. Now, the last white chocolate cake I did....I cheated and substituted white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and the people LOVED it! It was easier than melting all the chocolate and then cleaning up the mess for sure! LOL

GOOD LUCK!

Beth in KY

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 10

I use a recipe that I have seen several different places (Cake Mix Doctor, McCormick dot com uses it for their Raspberry White Chocolate Cake). White cake mix, 1 c milk (I use whole milk, but I doubt that it matters), 3 eggs, 1/2 c (1 stick) melted butter. I melt 3-6 ounces of white chocolate with the butter. Add raspberry extract, butter rum flavoring, vanilla ... flavor it to suit what you are doing or your filling.

This is an excellent cake with or without the white chocolate.

Martha

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 10

I'd use a white DH cake with white chocolate pudding mix and extra egg and 1/3 cup less water (the pudding is hard to find but its out there)...and then you can pour some melted white chocolate in there too.

I find cake batter, especially mixes, hold up super good even when you just start throwing stuff in. haha. I have poured melted chocolate into a chocolate cake batter before just to make it more chocolatey (I think I threw some leftover white into a batch of chocolate to make it go farther, then just threw in cocoa powder and a bit of melted chocolate)

I wouldn't put in too much, but a little is fine.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethola

I use the WASC recipe when I make a white chocolate cake. To be honest....I just kinda "wing it" and have never written it down. But, I THINK I use about 4-6 oz. of white chocolate and leave off the oil. Now, the last white chocolate cake I did....I cheated and substituted white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and the people LOVED it! It was easier than melting all the chocolate and then cleaning up the mess for sure! LOL

GOOD LUCK!

Beth in KY

I would like to try this recipe, never had white choc cake before. How do you use the pudding? Do you use a whole box, 1/2 box or what?

bethola Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 10

Just use the White Almond Sour Cream Recipe on CC. I don't use almond flavoring, just vanilla. I use DH White Cake Mix for THIS particular recipe since you are supposed to add pudding. I use a whole box of Jello White Chocolate Pudding instead of the vanilla pudding.

If you don't want to use this recipe you can use 1 box of DH white cake mix, 1 3 oz. box white chocolate pudding, 4 eggs, 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of oil. NOW, I usually melt 4-6 oz. of white choc. and substitute for the oil. Just for a little added density to the cake.

Happy Bakin'!

Beth

tyty Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 10

Bethola, is that for a full recipe or 1/2 recipe WASC?

bethola Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 10

Use the exact measurements for whichever WASC you want to follow. Just substitute white chocolate pudding for vanilla (whether one box or two). For the regular (not 1/2) if I add about 6 oz. melted white chocolate for the oil. The second recipe I gave was just for a basic "pound cake" from a mix using white chocolate and white chocolate pudding.

Sorry! I'm checking my computer between making whipped ganache (which is NOT setting up) and Chocolate SMBC (which I've never made before!) LOL

Beth

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone! I just happen to have a box of wh.choc. pudding. I think I will add that and maybe a little bit of melted chocolate too! It's for my own use so I guess this is a good time to experiment!

Martha that is along the line of recipe that I was thinking of. It sounds so good!

tyty Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethola

Use the exact measurements for whichever WASC you want to follow. Just substitute white chocolate pudding for vanilla (whether one box or two). For the regular (not 1/2) if I add about 6 oz. melted white chocolate for the oil. The second recipe I gave was just for a basic "pound cake" from a mix using white chocolate and white chocolate pudding.

Sorry! I'm checking my computer between making whipped ganache (which is NOT setting up) and Chocolate SMBC (which I've never made before!) LOL

Beth

Thanks, can't wait to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%