My Toba Garrett Cake Broke Can I Still Use It?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 4

I made ToBa Garrett's yellow cake yesterday and I think I didn't wait enough cause when I removed the from the pan both broke like a cross It didn't broke all the way across so I left it alone and wrapped it, can I still iced and cover in fondant? Or should I remake?

3 replies
maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 4

I hear of people using broken cake, but when I have tried it, it has not worked for me! When I had a broken layer (broken like a Y), I iced it, trying to use some icing to kind of glue it together (I was using IMBC). But it was the second layer and so it had icing underneath as well, and the pieces just kept sliding off no matter what I did. I had to rebake.

If you have time to rebake, I would advise it. After my experience, I will never again try to use broken cake!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 4

personally i would remake it. you might be ok it this is just a single cake, nothing stacked on it, etc., , but I don't like putting work into something that isn't structurally sound to begin with.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 4

Well it will be a 3 tier stacked cake, this one goes in the middle, and a 6" on top and covered in fondant I better not then

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%