Tea Party Cookies???

Baking By princesscatt Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm by sweetcravings

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 3

Hi all...just got a request for cookies for a Tea Party themed 60th b-day...we are going to try to do things a little different for this one..here's what we are making so far, any other suggestions would be great...

linzer cookies
lemon bars
thumbprints
peanut butter cookies
biscotti

what else would be good for this type of party....trying to stay in the theme....maybe a shortbread??

HELP! icon_wink.gif

2 replies
Cakelady232 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelady232 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 3

a lovely decorated sugar cookie......Cut a 6" round disc of sturdy sugar cookie dough.......cut that into quarters using a wavy ravioli cutter. Looks like a pizza cutter but has a wavy blade. These will look pie shaped. Use a #10 tip to place a hole in the corner for a ribbon once it is baked.

Score (don't cut through) 5 lines radially from the corner. Your cookie will now look like a fan.

Baked as usual. Decorated with pink or white royal icing in little dots and squiggles. Tie a tibbon of thin curling ribbon through the hole.....You've got a fan cookie.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 3

AFter the nutella thread, someone suggested that pound cake and nutella are fabulous. I bought some frozen pound cake, cut off the brown edges then cut into thin slices. Spread a thin layer of Nutella on a slice and then topped with another poundcake slice. Cut each one into three bite size peices. Drizzled tops with light blue melted chocolate. Very danty, easily made, easy to eat. Everyone commented on how pretty they were and how moist. While cutting sandwiched peices make sure to wipe knife blade each pass so that it keeps the edges nice and clean. If you are making large quantity it may get expensive if you bought the pound cake, but i'm sure you could find a good homemade reciepe you could make yourself. HTH>
OR...

How are palmiers (sp?).I think they are also called elephant ears....soooo easy and quick to make. Very tea party like, and pretty looking. Just by some store bought puff pastry. Lay out a bunch of granulated sugar on the counter. Lay your puff pastry on top and go over it with the roller so that the sugar adheres to it. Flip and repeat. Then roll each end in towards each other to form a log of sorts. Slice half inch peices and lay flat on lined baking sheet. Bake at 425degrees..five minute or so on one side, flip and do the same for the other side until golden brown. Yummy, crispy. I can never make enough of these, they go soo quickly.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%