Display Question: Piles Of Cake Balls

Decorating By jjandhope Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm by 2txmedics

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 6

For an upcoming weding shower, the theme is black and white polka dots. We had the idea of making dark chocoalte and white chocolate cake balls and just heaping them in a large trifle dish for a cute "dotty" effect.

Will the whit and dark chocolate rub off on each other? Will the cake balls "smush" lol? Of course they would be made ahead, dried and hardened before the time comes.

Your thoughts? Thanks

5 replies
lilica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilica Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 6

I don't think they will, unless they melt, I mean if the place is too hot or something like that. Neat idea!

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 6

I think that is a cool idea, I am no expert but I think it will
be fine and as long as the room is cool enough, they wont melt and and the colors mix. I have done that too before and had no problems. Hope that helps good luck!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 6

the weight might crack the chocolate on the bottom cake balls. I was watching barefoot contessa make a chocolate covered strawberry tower once. she took one of those floral cones, it was pretty tall. She stuck a bunch of tooth picks in it and placed the strawberries all around it. It looked really nice, maybe you could do something like that?

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

the weight might crack the chocolate on the bottom cake balls. I was watching barefoot contessa make a chocolate covered strawberry tower once. she took one of those floral cones, it was pretty tall. She stuck a bunch of tooth picks in it and placed the strawberries all around it. It looked really nice, maybe you could do something like that?

Wow, thst is a cool idea too! Might think abou that as well!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 6

I just did one yesterday, but I did mine out of b/c icing...and did put it on a cone, see my photos.

Now if you do b/c it will rub off, I did refrig. them though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%