Silly Question That Never Got Answered. Re: Morning Glory

Decorating By danasflowers Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm by julzs71

danasflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danasflowers Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 5

So just a silly little question about Morning Glory and other large royal icing flowers with that cupped flower nail.

Once the flower is made, how long should you leave it in the foil before taking it out? I have let it dry for a few days and the base still seems moist. Leaving in for longer and the foil sticks to the flower.

Suggestions?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Dana

4 replies
rottieluvr2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rottieluvr2000 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 5

Well seeing that you live in Washington I can see why the royal is taking so long to dry. My only suggestion would be to let it dry in the foil for at least 24 hour and take it out of the foil, turn the flower upside down (place of tissue or something like that) and let it try more.

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, to answer your question. For me Morning glories usually dry overnight, or at least 24 hours later. I live in a very dry house with no humidity.
For you, I would tell you that after the fisrt day you can turn them over and just gently snip th bottom at the foil to allow some air in, or you can gently peel back the to foil half way and let it air-dray the rest of the way.
You may have got too much water in when you were brushing the colors together. Make sure you dip you brush, then touch it on paper towel before ypu brush it.
Good luck

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 5

i live in a high humidity area, also. and it can wreck havoc on cakes! i have seen my mom, in the past w/ her cakes, have the a/c on high and still have a battle.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 5

Stick it in the oven with the light on

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%