Are You Ready For This? (Long, But Hilarious)

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 1:50am by Deb_

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:51pm
post #31 of 47

Sounds fine to me.

If she persists, I would then use the "sorry, now I am booked" excuse.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #32 of 47

I was never one to be friends with my ex or anyone he was involved with. When I was younger it was all out WAR! So I would have to say if he ever did ask I would so put something bad in it. Maybe a Bomb! icon_evil.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:46pm
post #33 of 47

Your response was perfect... hopefully she gets the hint.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:01pm
post #34 of 47

jillmakescakes maybe she was hoping you'll be "so happy" for her and do the cake for free since it just for 12 pple.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #35 of 47

I, for once, am speechless.....

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:33pm
post #36 of 47

Your response was honest and professional. thumbs_up.gif You're a better woman than I am . . . I'd have baked her an Ex-Lax cake and not worried if it melted and/or fell apart in transit.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:32pm
post #37 of 47

So, she's planning to drive a cake to Florida in July in a small car with several small children?! Did I read that correctly? How long of a drive is this for her? And for only 12 people we're going to all this trouble? Huh.

I do like the ex-lax suggestion... icon_twisted.gif (though honestly I'd never do it.)

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #38 of 47

i want to share my experience, my ex and i always have had a good relation. About 2 years ago, he finally married a girl who had been with him for more than 8 years. She always though i still was her competition, even though i was remarried and have 3 more kids. To make things worst in 2 different occasions she was very disrespetfull with me at the point that my husband got to step in and clear the things that her jelousy couldn't let her see. Well, the point was that when they finally set the date for the wedding, she ask my ex-sister in law if she can call me to do her wedding cake. Only for 20 family members. Then was the time to call my dad, he is a minister and ask for his advise.

He told me "make her cake, and don't charge her at all"...i was surprise. how in the hold world, he can tell me that. but, that same Sunday my pastor advise me the same. So i did the cake. It was a small 4"6"and 8" round tier cake, cover in fondant, with ribbons and silk flowers.

The bottom of this was that i demostrate her the kind of person i am, after that, our relation if the best for the sake of my daugther. My dad told me this..."during all this years she have taken care of you daugther feeling fear of loosing the man that she love cause of you, even though it was not gonna happen and she love her as one of her own". My pastor said "its a good moment to demostrate her what a real christian is and what is love in the name of Jesus, remember that he died for save us even for ones who crussified him."

After that i bake and send my ex-in law family event cakes. Even my sister in law wedding cake, and baby shower cake. And the best part of all, my daughter knows that she do not have to split between to families, because she have just a BIG ONE.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:39pm
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetCreations

I was never one to be friends with my ex or anyone he was involved with. When I was younger it was all out WAR! So I would have to say if he ever did ask I would so put something bad in it. Maybe a Bomb! icon_evil.gif

ERRMM this is soo me,i have no relationship whatsoever with exes so they wouldn't even be asking me for a cake.

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:39pm
post #40 of 47

I really liked Santa_Kitchen's story. That was so nice to hear. I would bake the cake but say no the tasting. That way you will look like the "bigger person". If it falls apart or gets eaten on the way, oh well, that's not your problem and they'll be too far away for you to help them out.

On a side note, my fiance's ex-GIRLFRIEND, not wife, not baby's mama, nope just girlfriend of two years drives me nuts! She's best friends with his cousin and will not go away for the life of me! She's all about trying to be the "bigger person" and says that her and my fiance need to stay friends..... ummmm no you don't! Go away! He doesn't even like her! lol. To make things worse, the cousin brings her to family functions and what not so I have no way of avoiding her! I don't know what I would have done if he had an ex-WIFE or kids with someone else! You all are much stronger than I could be!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:40pm
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Kitchen

i want to share my experience, my ex and i always have had a good relation. About 2 years ago, he finally married a girl who had been with him for more than 8 years. She always though i still was her competition, even though i was remarried and have 3 more kids. To make things worst in 2 different occasions she was very disrespetfull with me at the point that my husband got to step in and clear the things that her jelousy couldn't let her see. Well, the point was that when they finally set the date for the wedding, she ask my ex-sister in law if she can call me to do her wedding cake. Only for 20 family members. Then was the time to call my dad, he is a minister and ask for his advise.

He told me "make her cake, and don't charge her at all"...i was surprise. how in the hold world, he can tell me that. but, that same Sunday my pastor advise me the same. So i did the cake. It was a small 4"6"and 8" round tier cake, cover in fondant, with ribbons and silk flowers.

The bottom of this was that i demostrate her the kind of person i am, after that, our relation if the best for the sake of my daugther. My dad told me this..."during all this years she have taken care of you daugther feeling fear of loosing the man that she love cause of you, even though it was not gonna happen and she love her as one of her own". My pastor said "its a good moment to demostrate her what a real christian is and what is love in the name of Jesus, remember that he died for save us even for ones who crussified him."

After that i bake and send my ex-in law family event cakes. Even my sister in law wedding cake, and baby shower cake. And the best part of all, my daughter knows that she do not have to split between to families, because she have just a BIG ONE.

You are an amazing person, and I am so thankful that people like you exist in this world!!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #42 of 47

SantaKitchen you truly are a wonderful person.

I would have to say that I could make a cake for my DH's ex. She is a nice person, and I like her, and she lives in Australia. Any Ex of mine, though, would be getting the EX treatment!!!!

As for your situation, I really like the response you gave. it's perfect.

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:09am
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking_Booth

I really liked Santa_Kitchen's story. That was so nice to hear.
I don't know what I would have done if he had an ex-WIFE or kids with someone else! You all are much stronger than I could be!

Everyone can be a better person....you know how people look at you when they realize what kind of person you are. I was raise in a christian family, my mom was a super loving mother with a inner beauty, that anyone who talk to her can feel the love. I thank God every day, for my parents and my whole amazing family. They teach me the love for the poor, and the rich. And you know what i mean. Because sometimes people have a lot of things but are poor in the inside, and for the poor that can not see the Big world the have around, and they refuse to explore, living and dying in the same place. Although you might think is difficult, i'm careless for what people may think about me but i do care of what my Lord expect from me....and yeah yeah, i sound like an old lady, but i am only 34 yrs old, that thanks God for everything and everyday.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:25am
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

Ok- so this was my response

While I appreciate you considering me to make you wedding cake, there are a few concerns that make me think it might be better for you to find a decorator closer to the venue. First, transporting a cake (especially if it is multiple tiers) can be tricky, and even more so when driving such a distance. While I'm sure you will have the AC on for most of the ride, if the sun is hitting the cake box for a while, it might affect the icing and the chocolates that the seashells are made from. Also, for only 12 guests, it will be hard to have more than one tier. I'm assuming you want more than one tier because all of the pics you sent had multiple tiers. If you'd like, I can check with some of the decorators that I know in Florida and see what kind of availability they have. I'd just need to know which town you will be closest to (I wasn't sure if you were staying in the park or not) and the date that you would actually need the cake.

Sound good?

ROTFLMAO icon_lol.gif
Too funny

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:33am
post #45 of 47

Hey Jill- What about a cake with a picture of the "Drama Llama"??

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #46 of 47

At first, as I was reading the post and the description of how full the suv would be, my first thought was "where are they going to put it - on the roof?" icon_lol.gif

Then I read the # of servings and answered my own question "glove compartment, or console between 2 front seats."

Then I wondered "was she dropped on her head as a child? No wonder she is the EX." icon_twisted.gif

Sandy

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:50am
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking_Booth

I really liked Santa_Kitchen's story. That was so nice to hear.
I don't know what I would have done if he had an ex-WIFE or kids with someone else! You all are much stronger than I could be!

Everyone can be a better person....you know how people look at you when they realize what kind of person you are. I was raise in a christian family, my mom was a super loving mother with a inner beauty, that anyone who talk to her can feel the love. I thank God every day, for my parents and my whole amazing family. They teach me the love for the poor, and the rich. And you know what i mean. Because sometimes people have a lot of things but are poor in the inside, and for the poor that can not see the Big world the have around, and they refuse to explore, living and dying in the same place. Although you might think is difficult, i'm careless for what people may think about me but i do care of what my Lord expect from me....and yeah yeah, i sound like an old lady, but i am only 34 yrs old, that thanks God for everything and everyday.

You are a wonderful role model for your children and they are very fortunate to have you! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%