Sporty And Feminine??

Decorating By servingzero Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 10:41pm by cjshoemake

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, so I am having a hard time with this one!

I have a cake due in a week and a half, buttercream decorated, and would like a sporty theme (the birthday lady is into volleyball, baseball, biking, and badminton) they'd also like it to be feminine... and she's turning 40! So how the heck do I make a sporty feminine cake that is sophisticated enough for an adult (I'd have an easier time with a young girl who liked all that - make everything pink! Haha!)

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas (and I mean ANY) I'm at a loss!

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:43am
post #2 of 5

I did a cake like that a few months ago for a lady turning 40.She loved the beach...and a bikini...loved margaritas....music...and a few other things so what I did was make a sugar cookie for each thing..a bikini...sunglasses....margarita glass etc and iced them and set them all around the cake which was decorated in a triopical theme.The lady loved it!! I base coated the cake yellow one tier and pink the other and airbrushed the edges to make it look tropical.I added palm trees etc...It worked out great!

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:54am
post #3 of 5

Ah fantastic! I had thought about cookie cakes about 2 weeks ago, but completely forgot about it! (new baby = little sleep, and I am a zombie!)
That would be great! Thanks!

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #4 of 5

Make a 3D pink gym bag??

With a pink iPod!

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 5

I think Sugar Shack has a beautiful soccer tiered cake posted. It is very feminine. You could change it to a volleyball. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%