Flower Cascade

Decorating By Cmaysa Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm by jjkarm

Cmaysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cmaysa Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone. I have to do a 6 tier square wedding cake with a fondant flower cascade. Its my first time doing something like this and i am a bit clueless.What is the best way to "glue" them on to the cake? Should i use Royal icing?

icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif please help! oh the cake is fondant too

4 replies
Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 5

icon_surprised.gif Good Luck!!

Here's a bump for you. thumbs_up.gif

cakebakinmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebakinmom Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 5

I had to glue pearls (taxlady1 helped also, THANK YOU!!!) to a fondant cake this weekend and we used white Wilton cookie icing. It was ok, but not great. My cake had a fondant bow on it "glued" together with royal icing died ivory and pearls "glued" on the bow with royal icing. It seem to work very well. Unlike the pearls on the cake none of my pearls fell off the bow. So yes I would use royal icing as your glue. In the past I have also used piping gel and BC icing and it didn't work very well.

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 5

why not make the flowers on wires, then you can insert them into the cake (covering the wires of course you could use white chocolate) or making the flowers on a toothpick or scewer. hth

chris

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 5

I make the flowers on individual wires. Then I wrap the flowers together and make 3 or 4 separate pics. I insert straws into the cake then stick the wires into the straws. The straws help to hold the weight of the flower pics and keeps them from ripping through the cake. HTH thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%