I Have To Write On Mmf Today.. Help!

Decorating By pinkcamo Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 3:32am by pinkcamo

pinkcamo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkcamo Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 5

So Im making a womans torso cake (like in my pics) with a camo bikini. The gal ordering the cakes wants "Happy Birthday" on it... Im planning on doing a white banner with black writing. She also wants "chuck written on one breast and "tootie" written on the other.

The delima: I cant write to save my life! [My mother wrote out the banners on the cakes in my photos with a Wilton Food Writer] So, I bought a tube of Wilton Black Decorating Icing (add a tip and write) AND a tube of Wilton Decorating Gel. Do you think either of these will crust/ dry/ harden? I dont even know how Im going to attack this issue. Im thinking of printing it out on my computer and going from there...

YALL HELP ME PLEASE!!!! icon_cry.gif

I'll check back later, I have to get started on this cake!!!

Thank you so much inadvance!
Kristin

4 replies
RandomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RandomCakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know about the Wilton icing, but I can't write either. Maybe you could print it out on a sheet of paper, cut around the writing, lay it on the cake where you want the writing, the use a toothpick to trace the letters. Lift up the paper and go back over with icing.

HTH!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 5

That's one way ^^^.
Print out the message on the computer & put it on a piece of fondant as a banner on the dress - tell customer it's not edible?

The Wilton blk icing will crust but the gel won't. And when/if you are going to use that gel.....don't cut the tip off....instead, punch a hold in it w/a hat pin or it will be so big the gel will gush out & be uncontrolable icon_sad.gif

pinkcamo Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5

bump

pinkcamo Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:32am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up printing a banner off my computer! Check it out in my pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%