Diamond Pattern In Bc???? Best Method?

Decorating By LoveTracyCakes Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm by RobzC8kz

LoveTracyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveTracyCakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All,
I am going to be Smooth Icing a cake with BC and I would like to do a diamond pattern with small flowers at each cross point (hope that makes sense). What is the best way to get a GOOD diamond pattern? I am afraid if I just try and eyeball it, then the lines will not be even or something. IDK any help will be appreciated!

3 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 4

You can use an impression mat to make the diamond pattern. I have used a brick impression mat before on a crusted BC icing, and it worked fine.

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 4

get the diameter of your cake use some wax or plain paper divide it into equally parts then wrap the paper around your cake again mark the spots with a tooth pick and then use a square to conect the dots. That's what i would do..haven't done it yet! good luck!

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 4

The best method I've found is to measure the cake, mark the top and bottom and then connect the top mark to the next bottom mark over using a thin knife blade or spatula. Then reverse and repeat to get the set of intersecting diagonals to create the diamond pattern. I've used mats and the diamond impression tool, but I've found that taking the extra time to mark and measure by hand always produces the best results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%