Help! Overwhelmed And Losing The Buttercream Battle!

Decorating By CakeMommy3 Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 4:35am by BakerDee1875

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

I'm looking forward to trying your recipe and if I ever make it back to Houston I'd love to take some classes with you.

Girl, I looked your pictures ~ you don't need classes! You have a standing invitation to come over and we'll just "play cake." icon_biggrin.gif

I'll definitely take you up on that offer if we ever get back down there! I'd love to just be able to "play cake".

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #32 of 40

Are the IMBC and SMBC icings the right consistency for decorating (piping) or are they just used to ice the cake?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:48pm
post #33 of 40

Yes! I don't pipe flowers ever, even if it wasn't SMBC, but it works great for the borders, dots, and scrolls that I have done.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #34 of 40

Hey, I'm with Jamie. SMBC is all I use. If I frost a cake with what most people call Buttercream, my friends and family would have a heart attack. I've doctored my recipe over the past few years to be pure heaven on a slice of cake. And, someone already said this, but it does come down to preference I think.
My chocolate frosting is the typical beat butter, add cocoa, powered sugar, etc. And I hate hate HATE cleaning up the powder sugar mess. I'll stick o my SMBC, thanks.
To the person that said "ONE cup of sugar to THREE sticks of butter?," I say FOUR cups of sugar to TWO sticks of butter? It's preference.
PuffCake, piping and decorating with SMBC is great. But, I don't usually pipe my flowers (like roses - I couldn't make a rose w/ BC to save my life, no matter the recipe icon_wink.gif )

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:47am
post #35 of 40

YAY!! I'm so glad people answered me! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you all for the great recipes and advice! I am going to be in the kitchen all weekend trying them out. And now the kids won't have to see me cry, lol.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #36 of 40
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm looking forward to trying your recipe and if I ever make it back to Houston I'd love to take some classes with you.

Girl, I looked your pictures ~ you don't need classes! You have a standing invitation to come over and we'll just "play cake." icon_biggrin.gif

I'll definitely take you up on that offer if we ever get back down there! I'd love to just be able to "play cake".

I wanna come!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wanna come!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Edna my dear, you know you'd always be welcomed anywhere and with anyone here on CC. So when are you coming out to Houston? Or do y'all want to meet up here in Raleigh?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #38 of 40

Anywhere..I am i need of a vacation..icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:29am
post #39 of 40

Edna your more than welcome to come here if you like (especially if you need a vacation right away) but if you want to wait then we can do it in Houston. I promise I won't pester you too much if your needing a vacation icon_lol.gif !

BakerDee1875 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerDee1875 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:35am
post #40 of 40

When I make BC, I use Wiltons recipe. Which I have made my own changes to it. I double the recipe and i use 1 1/2 cups crisco and 1/2 cup of butter.( instead of 1 cup butter 1 cup crisco) I also use butter flavor instead of vanilla. I find it easier to smooth and taste better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%