Is It Possible???

Baking By Gkfurrow Updated 11 May 2009 , 7:00am by sayhellojana

Gkfurrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gkfurrow Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sure the cake bakers that read this will have trouble staying on their bottoms from laughing, but here it goes!!

Is it possible to prepare a pound cake batter, and prepare a regular cake mix batter, and mix them together? Has anyone ever attempted that?

I can't wait to hear the responses!! Thanks in advance!!

Glenda

5 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:55am
post #2 of 6

That sounds like an interesting idea. Not sure if I am brave enough to try it out though. icon_redface.gif

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 6

Sounds like you should you be the 1st pioneer on this one! Let us know how it comes out. I'm assuming you're trying to "marble" a pound cake and a regular cake, correct??

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 6

I think it should work. You are trying to create a firmer cake correct??

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:36am
post #5 of 6

There is a member who posted awhile back that she makes a cake mix and a pound cake mix (both according to package directions) and then blends them together to make a firmer cake, but I can't remember her name.....

I did try that combo, but prefer either of the WASC cake mix recipes.

HTH

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:00am
post #6 of 6

Hum...I would suggest trying a different recipe or something before mixing the two. Seems like it would throw off the chemical makeup and such of the cake (I'm not scientific, sorry). By "regular cake" i'm assuming you mean cake mix? Maybe you could just try a butter or shortening bases scratch cake recipe, because you'd likely get a cake that is moist, like the regular mix, and a bit more dense, like the poundcake, but not to that extent. I really like Serious_Cake's "yellow cake recipe" on her youtube videos. (just type that in the box, first video that pops up)
HTH, and if you do try the experiment share the results icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%