Frosting Sheets Question...

Baking By sweeteecakes Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 2:35am by sweeteecakes

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 17

Are the frosting sheets thin, like, clear?

I am making cookies and each will be a different color but the logo will be one. I am getting my sheets from Walmart. Any help is appreciated!

TIA!

16 replies
HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 17

OMG, I just got them for the first time too the other day! They were white and thicker than I thought they would be. Not clear at all.

sweeteecakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 17

Darn! Thanks for letting me know. Either I will have to get a little more creative or see if they can print the sheet in a particular color.

Thanks again and you do a great job on your cookies!

HeidiCrumbs Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #4 of 17

Did you see the ones I did it on? They were the National Library Workers Day ones. I got them done at WalMart and was a little disappointed in how fuzzy the image was. However, it was a copy of a copy and made on frosting so I guess I shouldn't be too picky, lol.

And thanks for the compliment on my cookies! It's always nice to hear. I still need to practice a lot, but as everyone says, we're our worst critic.

sweeteecakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 17

I think that they look fantastic! We are our own worst critic. I think thatI am really hard on myself. I made my cookies this weekend but I was not able to get the sheets from Walmart because they felt that they may get sued. I actually gave the cookies to the creator of the product I put the image on. There was not a trade mark on the image I gave to them. Kind of wondering if I should have put a think outline around the image to keep the edges down. They are now in my photos.

You are welcome for the compliment as you deserve it. I know that I need to practice more. As the saying goes "practice make perfect!"

Thanks again for your help!

HeidiCrumbs Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 17

They turned out really well! I like the logo, glad you were able to get it to match the frosting colors. Nice work!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:14am
post #7 of 17

When I tried this, my printer ran really slow. The sheets were from Kopykake and the printer is an Epson. Is that normal, and what kind of printers to you guys use?

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:01pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

When I tried this, my printer ran really slow. The sheets were from Kopykake and the printer is an Epson. Is that normal, and what kind of printers to you guys use?

I also have the Epson printer and i purchased the frosting sheets from Kopykake...my printer runs slow but i think that maybe thats just the Epson printers because I also have a Canon printer and it runs pretty fast.

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm
post #9 of 17

I too have an Epson and use KopyKake's sheets. I haven't really noticed it runs slow. I had a Canon and when that one died on me, I found the Epson for a terrific price and I really love it so far!thumbs_up.gif

sweeteecakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:22pm
post #10 of 17

I plan to purchase one soon. Since doing the nail polish cookies I have had a few more people asking about doing cookies for them with the edible image. I would rather do it from home than have to pay for the sheets else where it will be a worthy investment. Thanks for sharing!

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #11 of 17

I have also printed on the "thick, white, sugar sheet" then cut out the logo, paper doll style. That worked.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:06pm
post #12 of 17

I love those nail polish cookies. How did you get the backround of each of those colors? Did you have to print the backround?

sweeteecakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 17

sugaah-the sheets were the "thick, white sugar sheet". i did the same thing you did. i wish that they were a little thinner but it worked out fine.

luv2bake6 - thank you! i tried to match each logo background to a polish color before printing it out. once they were printed on the frosting sheet they kind of lightened up. but it still worked on the icing once applied. i love your cookie pop with the edible image on it! i may do something like that for an up coming baby shower! thanks!

Shannellr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannellr Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:34pm
post #14 of 17

Hi guys - After reading through your messages, I just had to ask; where do you get thin sugar sheets from?

I was just GIVEN (what a doll!) a Canon Pixma iP600D. He said it was given to him pretty new 2 months ago, and he just doesn't have time to use it (same reason the original buyer gave it to HIM!). He did say I needed toner and the sheets for it. I figured it's a small price for getting it "free"!! So... any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated! I honestly don't think I'll use it enough to be worthwhile for me. I've only used 4 images in the last 3 years.......

If I don't get around to using it soon, I may just wind up giving it away also icon_smile.gif

Thanks! Shannell

sweeteecakes Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #15 of 17

hey shannell - that is awesome! i would love for someone to give me a printer like that!

i can't help u with the thin icing sheets as i am new to this myself. if u find anything out please do share. i will continue to do research myself.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:38am
post #16 of 17

sweeteecakes, thanks for your compliment. Those lollies on for a baby shower would be perfect. I do them with chocolate as well but i like the cookies better. Good luck!!

sweeteecakes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:35am
post #17 of 17

Luv2bake you are welcome! Thank you for the well wishes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%