What Kitchen Device/appliance Can't You Live Without??

Lounge By Niliquely Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm by bigsisof3kids

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 13

I can't live without my Kitchen Aid mixer....it is black and silver, I got it for my bridal shower and I seriously don't think I could live without it! It mixes cakes, cookies, frostings, mashed potatoes, meat loaf (I hate touching that stuff) and the attachments are great too! icon_biggrin.gif

So tell me people....what kitchen appliance or utensil can you not live without?? icon_wink.gif

12 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 13

For baking, of course, the Kitchen Aid is an absolute necessity!

For everything else, I could not survive without my microwave...if I can't nuke it, I don't get to eat it! LOL

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 13

Other than KA... Definitely the dishwasher!! Mine died over Christmas and boy did I miss it for the week until I could get a new one!

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 13

KA for sure! I thought I was the only one who mixed meatloaf in it! lol

I have the small one (from walmart) which I got a few years ago and just got a bigger one (6 qt professional) and love them both.

Now, a dishwasher-am I the only one in the world without one yet? Yeah, I need to get DH on that!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #5 of 13

At home .... the microwave.
At work ..... The commercial dishwasher that cycles from start to finish in just 55 seconds. Yep! Fifty. Five. Seconds. CLeaning it sucks, but I hug it when I have 150 plates to wash and we get them done in like 10 minutes!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #6 of 13

Here's an odd one and not strictly kitchen, but I cannot live without my SWIFFER mop! I love it!
icon_biggrin.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #7 of 13

Coffee pot. Period. Take away the Mr. Coffee and you DIE!!!!!! MUAH!!!!!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #8 of 13

DISHWASHER!!!!!!

Coffee is as necessary to my life as air, so I consider the coffee pot a life-support machine, not an appliance.

I would even give away all 7 of my KitchenAid mixers before I would do without a dishwasher. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever wash dishes by hand again (like I did the first year of marriage). icon_biggrin.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:17am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

DISHWASHER!!!!!!

Coffee is as necessary to my life as air, so I consider the coffee pot a life-support machine, not an appliance.

I would even give away all 7 of my KitchenAid mixers before I would do without a dishwasher. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever wash dishes by hand again (like I did the first year of marriage). icon_biggrin.gif

1st of all - high five on the caffeine IV drip. I totally agree, this is a necessity and not negotiable. and omg @ 7 KA's... I bow before you...

That being said... I absolutely could not ever ever (look at cakepros nevers and evers, that's how many I need) ever ever live without my Henckels knives. EVER. Or my rolling pin. Or my oven. That's about it. I could probably make do w/o all the other stuff. I used to make all my goodies by hand, so if i HAD to, I could go back. Wouldn't wanna, but I could.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:22am
post #10 of 13

OMG, luvsfreebies72, you need to come over and use my Shun knives. I swear, you will use the Henckels as makeshift screwdrivers and baked-on-cheese-residue-scrapers. I have the 4 Star line and at first I felt like I was cheating on them by ordering a 7-pc set of Shun knives, but WOW, once I put one in my hand and used it, I never looked back. They are expensive as hell but INCREDIBLE!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #11 of 13

Love my stand mixer but coming in a close second is my Foodsaver Vacuum sealer. I love it especially for keeping rollout cookies fresh until I'm ready to ice them. Same thing goes with cake layers, icing, filling etc. I put everything in the foodsaver bags.

Best hundred bucks I've ever spent.

Agree with cakepro.......my coffeepot is my life-support machine! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:08pm
post #12 of 13

Like everyone else the KA & DW icon_smile.gif
The MW I could live w/o if necessary.
But I sooooo miss my commercial convection 1/2 oven icon_smile.gif

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm
post #13 of 13

My food processor. I love that thing to death. I have one of the big ones, so it's a lifesaver during canning season.

At our house of 11 people, our dishwasher died THANKSGIVING morning, good thing they were on sale the next day! That was a looooong week. I think I cried.

Sorry ladies, but you need to try my Wusthof knives...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%