Im Sure I Know The Answer...

Decorating By Cakey1865 Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 11:21pm by kakeladi

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone im sure I know what the answer to this is going to be but heres my situation.

A lady contacted me about doing a 50th wedding anniversary cake for her mom and dad, at first I told her I could because I was having my own birthday party sat. night and didnt wan to be respondsible for it till sunday. So she calls me back the next day and says that she would pick it up on Saturday and that she really wanted me to do it cause her parents love the taste of my cake so I give in, she told me what she wanted I gave her a price and she came right over with the cash to pay in full, and I told her she had to pick it up at noon on saturday because I had to deliver another cake at 1. WELL at 10 am on saturday she calls and cancels the cake and wants her money back! Thats only 2 hours before she was to pick up her cake! Her dad went in the hospital and she needed the money back to go back and forth...I told her I was so very sorry for her dad but I did not have the money to give back but the cake was avaiable for pick up if her situation changed I would keep the cake ready till Sunday evening...she never picked it up. So did I do right should I have said sure and give her her money back?
Thanks for all of your input,
Jodi

3 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 4

It's always hard when family and hospital are the excuse, but 2 hrs before the cake is due is a little late to cancel, it's not like you can find another buyer for the cake.

I think you did the right thing. Have you heard from her since then?

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 4

No I have not heard from her since sunday when she called back saying she needed the money...I told her again that I could not give it to her, but when she got ready to get the cake again if she would pay for the ingrediants I would do the labor for free...she wasnt happy with that answer either, she just wanted her money back....
Thanks for answering

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 4

You did everything right except telling her you did not have to money to give back. that info was none of her business. Cancelling just 2 hrs before p/u does not mean a refund.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%