Sugar Cookie 3-D Panoramic Egg Tutorial

Baking By MosMom Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 1:15pm by MosMom

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 10

I had the idea to do a panoramic egg with sugar cookies this year and decided to do a tutorial of it while I try them to help anyone else that would like to try.

I've got the tutorial on my blog here...

http://sugarcakesco.blogspot.com/2009/04/sugar-cookie-panoramic-egg-tutorial.html

I will post it here as well but I need to get all my pictures uploaded.

I'm currently at the point of combining my front and back with royal icing and completing the decoration. So far so good with making the eggs mold and hold up.

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to help you. icon_smile.gif I'll update here when I get the next phase completed.

9 replies
MosMom Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #2 of 10

It is complete and my first one is finished. It turned out pretty cute for a first shot. The possibilities are endless. You could decorate with fondant or roll the egg in sanding sugar to give it a sparkle.

The kids can't wait to eat them. :p

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 10

That's a really cute idea and nice tutorial, thanks for sharing!

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 10

Cute!

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #5 of 10

Wow those are really cute! What a great idea. I don't have an egg mold--is there anything else I could use? Where did you get yours?

MosMom Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #6 of 10

I got mine at Walmart in their cake decorating department. I wanted the plain molds but they were sold out so I went with the silicone "decorated" molds. I thought this might cause an issue but the fact there is decorative molding on the cookies is hardly noticeable. In the end, I think the silicone worked perfectly for getting the cookies out once they were cooled.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:27am
post #7 of 10

So cute! Just wanted to thank you for such a nice tutorial. Missed getting anything done for easter this year (remodeling house myself) but what a great treat to look forward to next year.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:55am
post #8 of 10

What a nice tutorial! You could tint the dough before baking, if you didn't want to have to cover the entire finished egg. It won't be quite as pretty (or sweet) but certainly less work. I can imagine how the kids were on you like vultures to finish so they could eat them! Wonderful job and a great idea. Even greater that you decided to share with us!

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm
post #9 of 10

That's really neat! My Grandma used to make the sugar panoramic eggs for us. (And I'm sure we ate them too -- doesn't that sound delish?)

MosMom Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:15pm
post #10 of 10

Here are all the completed eggs. The time and effort involved really wasn't that bad in comparison to some regular decorated sugar cookies I've done. I'd say the easiest way to do it would be to bake and cool all the cookies and then decorate them all at the same time. I did it in stages because I was eager to try them but it was definitely more of a pain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%