I'm Driving People Crazy. Do You?

Decorating By Alaskahsm Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 6:29am by luvsfreebies72

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #31 of 44

LOL Don't tell my hubby, he'll be calling me that all the time.

swe3ts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swe3ts Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:54am
post #32 of 44

Oh Alaska such a great topic. My family says I have an addiction but the funny part is they will stay up all night to watch me make a cake. Once I had my hubbys cusin who constantly says I need to got to a support group for addictions stay up with me till 4 am asking questions while I was trying to put his daugters first communion cake together, I think I have converted him to the ways of cake cuz now everytime he comes over he's the one who brings up the cake subject icon_biggrin.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #33 of 44

My wife does get tired of cake talk, and reigns me in. However, she is quick to Tivo cake shows for me!

marinewifejones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marinewifejones Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:08am
post #34 of 44

My husband and mom are very supportive and my kids are not old enough to care what I am talking about. My husband is huge into model cars so he is happy that I also have a hobby. He even gets in the kitchen with me to help or to take over when I need to go take care of a kid (the youngest is 8 months and strickly breastfed). If fact he did most of the grass on the easter cake I made and he made the icing while I leveled the cake. I sent a pic of the cake to my mom and she printed it out and showed it off to her friends at work. And most of my friends tolorate me cause they know that when I want to try something they are going to get free cake.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:14am
post #35 of 44

I too am a cake nerd...I talk about them to everyone!! I sometimes talk about the cake people...the stories of why they need a particular strange cake! Do you think a Dentist goes home every night and talks about teeth? lol

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #36 of 44

I have no idea if I bore them. I know they are always asking me to make something. It couldn't be as boring as my hubby talk about cycling. I will continue to create teh calories and he can burn them off peddling. Caking is so much cheaper than cycling.

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #37 of 44

Wow Alaska you are right on with this subject. I love this site and cakes also. My husband is very supportive. He takes me shopping for things he thinks I'll need. He's so cute. He was picking everything up that had to do with cake saying, "you need this, you need this, you need this?" I started classes with my brother's wife and he's just as encouraging. So we are having a good time with it and we are both addicts. It's nice to have someone just starting out like me that we can learn and practice together. We just live a block away from each other. So much fun. Harder than I thought it would be but I'm hoping we catch on eventually. But if ever our hubbies get tired of it we will always have CC. Yeah!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:16am
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingGirl

My hubby's nickname for me is "Cake Nerd". icon_biggrin.gif

That's funny! I got dubbed the "Cake Nazi"....I tell 'em "Fine--no cake for you!!!" icon_lol.gif

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:18am
post #39 of 44

My hubs definitely appears to be tired of cake talk, and I get the usual eye roll when I laugh at something or want to show him something here on CC. But when it comes down to it, and I am trying to figure out a design or how I am going to make something work, he loves to help and throws his 2 cents in where he can which helps out... most of the time. icon_biggrin.gif

dxerebl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dxerebl Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:28am
post #40 of 44

DaisyLisa17 - my name is also Lisa and I love your signature - wish I had thought of that!

Great thread - the people at work love me for it, hubby not so much any more (he's more of an ice cream junkie) but - the ladies at Michael's and ACMoore LUV me - they know how much money I spend on this obsession --- I think I'm gonna need a bee-gar box!!

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:28am
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Quote:

It couldn't be as boring as my hubby talk about cycling. I will continue to create teh calories and he can burn them off peddling. Caking is so much cheaper than cycling.

That is so funny, Hubby is outside spraying off the road for road grime and I went out and asked him, "If you had to be locked in a room with me talking about a hobby for 24/7 what would it be?" He said Mountain Biking.

I told him he wasn't allowed to pick his own hobby. icon_rolleyes.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #42 of 44

funny, I also spend hours and hours pouring over cc pictures and forums, so far my family is happy because they benefit from all the baking. I try to limit my cake/cookie talk when around the non baking crowd.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:52am
post #43 of 44

Guilty!

Just got married 2 years ago and that's about when this whole fascination started - poor hubby didn't know what he was getting into! I definitely bore him and he has told me he just can't get into cakes but he does listen politely to me most of the time. Which is only fair because his big hobby, soccer, is something I'll also NEVER understand yet I still listen to him telling stories about his players, practices and games....

My son (12) is different - since I restrict his TV viewing somewhat he'll watch anything to get a fix. That means he also watches some of my caking shows with me (which my mom records and sends me on dvd) and enjoys checking out Cake Wrecks with me on a regular basis. He's also the first to defend my pricing and would actually set a higher price on many cakes since he knows how much work goes into them. He's such a sweetie when it comes to my cakes! And he knows that he gets the coolest birthday cakes in the whole region since decorated cakes just aren't that popular in Germany yet.

My friends, thank goodness, never get sick of me talking about them (or at least have never shown it!) - they're excited with me and are fascinated by some of the things I'm able to do now. They're great!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:29am
post #44 of 44

I drive people crazy on a daily basis - not necessarily about cake, either! icon_lol.gif

But, yes, I kind of do drone on and on... but the worst is when i'm having a non cake-related conversation and get an inspiration for a design or a flavor or something and have to abandon the convo. they kind of get annoyed with me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%