I'm Driving People Crazy. Do You?

Decorating By Alaskahsm Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 6:29am by luvsfreebies72

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 44

I am driving my husband crazy by constantly talking about cake. Do you find yourself trying to work cake into the discussion?

43 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 44

Sometimes I feel like I am boring people. When I first started out, I cc'ed pics to everyone I knew...I wonder if they ever got sick of "oh that's cute!" or "wow!" or "very nice" with responses. I really try to make sure to talk about OTHER things now, and let them bring up cake if they want to....yep, I totally know what you are talking about Alaska! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 44

You are not alone. My husband tries to be supportive but he says that is all I think about. That is why I love this site so much everyone here want to talk CAKE! Although I find myself looking at the site hours a day.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 44

I can talk cake all day if I wanted as my Mom has a cake decorating business also so we call each other for advice or tips or to borrow stuff etc...Hubby loves to hear about my cakes too.

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 44

LOL! My Wife is over it big time! She is so glad when I can go a week without an order!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 44

He's as much a fan of cake challenges as I am! icon_biggrin.gif But if he ever gets tired of it, he gets even with his non-stop talk about how Carrie Underwood is one hot babe! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

(So I throw in a little admiration conversation regarding Sean Connery. He says, "I kinda remind you of Sean Connery, don't I?" I reply, "Yeah ... you both have 2 ears.")

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 44

Oh dang Debi....that was funny and a total slam all at once...LOL!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 44

I don't think I bore people with it. Most of the people I know and my family are just as amazed by cakes as I am. My husband loves to watch Food Network and we are Challenge junkies. He loves to cook as well, but doesn't really do the baking thing except for a few things, he is more into food.

We find interest in what one another likes.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 44

Oh yes!! My daughter rolls her eyes and says "Here we go talking about gum paste again"!! I am completely obssessed with cake stuff and gum paste. Until 8 months ago, I never dreamed I could be so passionate about something again! My husband and kids so far just know if they just be quiet and agree with me everything is fine!icon_wink.gif

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #10 of 44

My boyfriend cooks for a living and do the desserts so we talk "food" in general alot. I think he gets sick of always talking about cakes, but now I have started to ask his opinon on stuff, or ask him how he thinks I should do something and it gets him a little more involved. And I get a great second opinon!

Scibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scibaker Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #11 of 44

My husband gets REALLY tired of me talking cake. I have to limit my CC time in order to not talk about it too much and irritate him!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm
post #12 of 44

My husband likes talking about cake as long as it also involves earning more money. HAHA

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 44

I think I must bore people stupid with my obssession with cakes, but that's why I love it on here so much icon_smile.gif I really try not to work it into every conversation but it's such a big part of my life and I love it so it's bound to creep in a lot. Now there is a thread on here about Twilight too, I get my two obssessions in one dose, how fab is that icon_lol.gif

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:15pm
post #14 of 44

Ditto Kitagirl!!!
My husband likes to hear about the money aspect of cake making cos he sees how hard I work and all he's interested in is that I be duly paid for all the time and effort I put in.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #15 of 44

I kind of look at it from a different perspective. My mom (now a fellow CC'er) used to bore me to DEATH with all of her talk about cake, but now I'm just as passionate about it as she is. We're always talking about different things and about the cakes that we've made.

I'm single so I don't have to worry about boring a husband or boyfriend so that's good for me. icon_lol.gif

(I just realized that this is my 100th forum post. WOOHOO!!!!!) icon_eek.gif

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:42pm
post #16 of 44

I am just a pitiful amateur, but my family will listen to me talk cake stuff all day long because they know it will put me in a mood to "practice" and they get to eat the end product!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #17 of 44

Oh, yeah. My son say I'm cake obsessed. And Debi, I'll have to remember that one, my husband is always doing that, cute guy on t.v. and he says yeah, he looks like me doesn't he.

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #18 of 44

I told my hubby that I would make him a lemon meringue pie to make up for all of the cake talk.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:31pm
post #19 of 44

I know that i bore people,but at times i can't help it,at times i have visitors and i'm typing away,and when they go what are you doing a light bulb goes in my head...............TIME TO EDUCATE THEM AGAIN ABOUT CAKE. lol

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:31pm
post #20 of 44

Wow Alaska, you are good! I handed DH a pan of rice krispy treats today to appease him! Ha!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:33pm
post #21 of 44

My husband doesn't eat cake so i have nothing pastry wise to appease him with. Oh well..... his loss

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #22 of 44

Hubby is super supportive and doesn't good bored. However, I'm trying to tame it at work. I was called a 'cake fanatic' by 1 guy and someone else is tired of hearing of competition work. They just want to see pictures or have me bring something occasionally.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #23 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

He's as much a fan of cake challenges as I am! icon_biggrin.gif But if he ever gets tired of it, he gets even with his non-stop talk about how Carrie Underwood is one hot babe! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

(So I throw in a little admiration conversation regarding Sean Connery. He says, "I kinda remind you of Sean Connery, don't I?" I reply, "Yeah ... you both have 2 ears.")

Indydebi, I think we're married to the same man! icon_surprised.gif

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #24 of 44

Oh I know they think that I'm a wack job about cake, but I don't care. It's something I did years ago and gave up but in the last few years I picked it up once again. It's a really fun thing to do and when I work really hard on a cake and finish, well, it feel like such a big accomplishment.

I've even got my Grankids involved. My Grandson helped to design his own birthday cake along with one I'm working on for a friend this June. My Granddaughter helps me a lot in the kitchen and has learned a lot about baking. She's drawn out what she wants for her birthday too.

I can think of a lot worse things that we could be doing!

Happy baking!
Melissa

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezformom

I can think of a lot worse things that we could be doing!

I'll second that! thumbs_up.gif

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:11am
post #26 of 44

Oh I drive my hubby and sister insane. But they tell me they really don't mind. My hubby does get a little irritated when where ever we go, I see something and say that would make a great cake! Even wrapping paper inspires me!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #27 of 44

everyone is more or less very supportive of me...the only one who gives me any grief is my 11 year old son...cause apparently i am not supposed to be doing anything with my time or life except watch him on his skateboard...and entertain him when he's bored!!!! perhaps its just his age?? i hope so he is so high maintenance!!!!

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:25am
post #28 of 44

My Hubby is so supportive. Every trip to to craft store, he is by my side helping me find whatever I'm searching for that trip. No matter how much I want to talk about cake, he's listening. I'm really lucky he is that way no matter what I'm passionate about, cakes, gardening, fishing, whatever! I think the fact that he likes to eat my "practice" helps a little in the cake department. You gotta love a man like that!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #29 of 44

Memetoto! My hand is up on this one for sure! My hubby and kids got pretty sick of hearing about cake when I first stumbled onto CrackCentral because I instantly had a full blown mega-monstrous addiction! My hubby said I even talked cake in my sleep. I have calmed down as I have learned things and have started channeling this need into production-which doesn't happen often enough! I have this need to make more cake which I can not control, suppress or satisfy.
-stands up at podium and takes microphone feeblishly while trying to recognize fellow CCer's in the front AA row....
Hello everyone. My name is Sarah and I could go on forever and ever about cake. And the cr-OWD GOES WILD!!!! icon_lol.gif
Ahh yes I am hooked and it should be a crime to get this kind of sugar rush!
I must say trolling the posts helps the drags a ton. I must say trolling the posts helps the drags a ton.(Maybe not quite enough Ha! How'd that get in here 3x's?) I must say trolling the posts helps the drags a ton. It helps to have friends that suffer the same delusions of grandeur...No but you guys are AWESOME! I am glad to have a little passion in my life! And cake makes people happy! icon_biggrin.gif

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:46am
post #30 of 44

My hubby's nickname for me is "Cake Nerd". icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%