Now God's Marine

Decorating By regymusic Updated 29 May 2009 , 4:50pm by Butterpatty

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 34

I have never had a cake move me as much as this one. This cake was for such a sad occasion and yet what a glorious tribute to a fallen soldier. I just needed to make certain that more cc'ers saw this one.

Well done CatherineR!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1343113http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1343113

33 replies
jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 34

WOW..this seriously gave me the chills. Thanks you so much for sharing this.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 34

Thanks for sharing.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 34

thank you for making sure this gets proper attention.

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 34

bought tears to my eyes,
thank you for sharing. As a sister of a soldier who went to fight in the war and the sacrifices that everyone makes, you apreciate life.
I'm so thankful for all the great people serving our country

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 34

Wow....I hadn't seen this cake before!! I'm glad you posted it again.Very Beautiful cake for the Honour of such a soldier!!

CatherineR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineR Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 34

Thank you for posting a thread regarding the cake that I made. I, too, had a son serve in Iraq and although he returned safely, is out of the Marines, my heart still hurts for those that did not make it home. I find that my heart healed a little bit by making this for the very brave mother that lost her son. Thank you too, to all that have left comments that have brought tears to my eyes also.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 34

Thanks so much for bringing this cake to our attention. This is an amazing tribute to Marcus now God's Marine. I don't think I could get thru a cake like this myself with all the tears in my eyes and the lump in my throat.

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #9 of 34

What a beautiful tribute to this young man. Catherine- it is obvious that you did more than "make a cake", you can tell that you poured your heart and a mother's love into it. God bless our soldiers and their mothers!!

CatherineR Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #10 of 34

I forgot to mention that the reason why I made the cake like Marine dress blues was because Marcus went directly into the Marines following his graduation from high school and was deployed to Iraq shortly thereafter. His mother, Genevieve, was glad that I was making the dress blues because he never got around to buying his dress blues because he was going to wait until he returned from Iraq. She wanted me to make sure that I had his Lance Corporal patch on his "dress blues". This is one of the many websites that talk of LCP Marcus Cherry.
http://www.militarycity.com/valor/257139.html

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:10pm
post #11 of 34

I've got the lump and tears again Catherine. Not only did I see your beautiful tribute to your friend's son but now that I've also seen his face the tears are rolling freely. I can't imagine what his family must have gone thru. He was so young.....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #12 of 34

I started crying when I saw the subject line in the forum ..... didn't want to read the thread because I knew where it was going, but I knew I had to.

This M.O.M. (Mother of a Marine) salutes you for this fabulous tribute to this young man. You are definitely one of God's Angels.

Thanks to the OP for bringing all of us to this cake. It needs to be seen by everyone on here.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:25am
post #13 of 34

usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

Thank you CatherineR. You are amazing.

usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #14 of 34

Wonderful job CatherineR. Very special tribute to a very special fallen hero.

friendtilthend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendtilthend Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:25am
post #15 of 34

Great Job Catherine. I know his family loved this cake.

friendtilthend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendtilthend Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #16 of 34

Great Job Catherine. I know his family loved this cake.

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #17 of 34

That is such a beautiful cake.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:02am
post #18 of 34

Regy - thank you for bringing this cake the attention it so deserves.

Catherine....as I posted in the comments, it is very obvious that this rememberance was made with a lot of love and compassion - and you made sure Marcus has his dress blues.

For all of you who have family who serve our country, there will never be enough words to be able to thank you for the sacrifices you all make to ensure the liberties we all take for granted. Thank You.

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:14am
post #19 of 34

What a gorgeous tribute. Thank you for re-posting...I hadn't seen it. Beautiful job.

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:37am
post #20 of 34

Thank you for sharing this amazing cake with us. And thank you for reminding me how truly blessed I am. Thank you for all of the sacrifices that all military families make. A special thank you, may God bless you and give you His peace and comfort to the families of those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. Our freedom is NOT free - it comes with a very heavy price.

God bless,
Melissa usaribbon.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:37am
post #21 of 34

One cake I pray I never get an order for. CatherineR you should be commended for being able to accomplish it, because I know I never could. Great job honoring our Marine and God's as well.

Some of us pray, some of us don't, but as this Memorial Day draws to a close, I hope all of us will stop and think for a moment of those who are away from their families' fighting for our freedom to do so. Whether or not you believe in the war doesn't matter, there are sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, and friends who will receive the news that their loved one has been killed or wounded in duty today and all that will remain is the legacy of a brave soldier, airman, marine, or sailor who allowed his or her blood to be shed so that we wouldn't have to do it.

As an Army wife, I pray I will never receive a chaplain and commander's visit at my home notifying me of my DH's passing. I thank God for every servicemember who's willing to fight for mine and my family's freedom. God bless you all!

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:51am
post #22 of 34

Tita you are so right. I wish everyone appreciated the sacrifice our men and women in uniform make. Their families included... My Brother in law and my sister are stationed in Germany. He's on stand by and will leave at a moments notice. God bless all who fight for my right to be free...freedoms that are being stripped away one by one.

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:40am
post #23 of 34

As a Mother of two Marine Sons I thank you for bringing attention to this cake celebrating this young Marine and his sacrifice and that of his family.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

CatherineR Posted 26 May 2009 , 7:54pm
post #24 of 34

I thank you all for your kind words but somehow I feel this was such a small thing to make for a Mom that lost so much. As someone mentioned "that there but for the Grace of God go I". My son was in Iraq during the time when there was fierce fighting there and although he safely returned home more that 4 years ago, I still cannot read the papers that speak of the casualties of war. God Bless our troops and I pray that they will all return home safely.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:01pm
post #25 of 34

That cake made me speechless with awe...and me being speechless does't happen often. That is a beautiful tribute to our brave men and women putting their lives in danger to keep us safe.

Beautiful Job, CathrineR. Kudos to you icon_smile.gif

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:07pm
post #26 of 34

This has been so heavy on my heart. I have 7 children, I cannot imagine watching one of them leave my side and not knowing if they will come back to me. I have a husband that I love very much. I cannot imagine having him gone day after day and not knowing if I'll feel his arms around me again.

I don't have the words to express how much I truly appreciate the daily sacrifices that our military and their families make. Thank you seems so hollow, but it's all I know to say. Thank you and may God pour out His richest blessings on each of you.

Melissa

Kiki74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiki74 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #27 of 34

Thanks so much for making sure we all see this. It is wonderful!

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:14pm
post #28 of 34

Being the ex-wife of an ex- Marine and the mother of a soldier, this sure hits home. I work for the military and watch these babies head to war everyday. Not many days go by that I don't have a lump in my throat. This is a beautiful cake and I know that his mother will never forget your act of kindness. Thank you

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:06pm
post #29 of 34

Catherine - Awesome job on the cake. Even the wrinkles in the fabric look real! Wait, that's all buttercream?!? Wow, just amazing. I'm sure the family was just awestruck, unfortunate that it had to be made though.

tiggerjo - Once a Marine, always a Marine! No such thing as ex-military at all! Thank you to your hubby and son/daughter for their service!

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:25pm
post #30 of 34

Oh My! By far, the most brilliant,special,and beautiful cake I have ever saw. Wow! Not enough words to describe the beauty of this cake! thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%