Need Help Pricing This Crazy Cake....

Business By yelle66 Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 3:51am by LaBellaFlor

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #1 of 6

I am hoping some of you guys can help me price a cake. I don't even know where to start here. They want me to do a replica of a board game that is like monopoly but it is local. Instead of the Monopoly part in the middle, though, it is a huge watercolor (the whole inside of the board is a watercolor). The spaces on the board are all the sponsors who all have different logos and some have real pictures which would probably need to be edible images. How do I price this and should I do it? I would really have to block off the greater portion of the end of my month do this cake.

Here is a link to a board similar to this one (oh and she said if possible, she would love to have the box top and bank made, too). Oh and it will be for 150 people.

www helponboard dot org

5 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:22am
post #2 of 6

Okay, I'm taking a stab here. That sounds like SO much crazy work, SO many different techniques, SO much detail, I say $8-$9 a serving, I get $1200-$1350. And to be honest, I think I may be under pricing. Please post the pictures if you do decide to do it. I eould love to see how it comes out.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 6

I'm giving you a bump~ so you can get a better answer. icon_smile.gif

Personally, I'd charge a lot for that cake. What is your base price/per serving, etc.? How much time do you think it will take, ingredients?
You're talking major detail work, right?

Please post the cake when your done. I'd love to see it. icon_smile.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #4 of 6

Is it one of the boards in their gallery?

http://www.onboardgame.com/hobgrp1_gallery.php

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:37am
post #5 of 6

No, it isn't in production yet, but I would say it most closely resembles the Aurora one that I think is the first one on that page.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:51am
post #6 of 6

Oh, I was SOOO OFF. Okay, so I say at least $14-15 for a total of $2500-$2750. That water color alone would have a hefty price tag. Good Luck. I can't wait to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%